xtant 603x

I have. Some people were confused with configuring the onboard crossovers but connecting power, ground, and remote should be straightforward. Is the amp actually powering up?

I have. Some people were confused with configuring the onboard crossovers but connecting power, ground, and remote should be straightforward. Is the amp actually powering up?
its powering up but no output. i had the rear rcas from the HU hooked up to the passive in. but i had a little bit of engine whine with key on engine off. i had it hooked up to one 6x9 on the passive right output terminal and nothing at all. everything was hooked up just fine but no ouput.

Engine whine with engine off? Have you looked inside to make sure all jumpers are in there? Do you have the manual?

here's the manual for you, mr. skin.
http://www.xtant.com/archives/html/techSupport/pdfs/603xMan.pdf

you broke 1k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif welcome to ca.com
yeah that manual ***** lol. and thanks for the 1k.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

I either have the 403 or 603, I forget. Two of them to be exact. Both have the same issue. A couple output transistors are noticeably blown in one, not the other.
if i send you some gut pics think you will know more about it?

I run xtant amps from that series. There are several possibilities.

first, look at the four module locations. You may have crossovers in there, the crossovers are on separate vertical boards. The crossovers should have a numbed SIP in them. If not, there should be two six pin jumpers at each module.

Check the input sensitivity jumpers. Should be a four pin jumper at each.

Note the input selection, 2ch or 4ch.

Passive in? Front and Rear inputs. Try the front inputs and front outputs. Passive goes through the high wattage resistors and is for rear fill, but the leads to the resistors can break easily. Verify the resistors are even there, large white blocks above the passive outputs.

Lastly, the amps are commonly found non working. Some have a thermal power supply issue, which is funny given the cooling, but the failed parts arent on the large heat sink.

Take some good pics of the board and I'll be glad to review and go over more tests.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.