XM Tuner/Steering preset issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrnobudy

CarAudio.com Newbie
Good day y'all!!

Just installed a new Kenwood DDX5707S and found out, to my dismay, that it does not support changing presets with the steering wheel controls.

It works just fine for AM/FM tuner and presets, however, even Kenwood says they no longer support preset changing, only station to station.

I stopped and talked to the owner of the local professional stereo store and he claims that none of his units do presets anymore for XM.

Just wondering if that seems to be the consensus? I used to have a Kenwood Excelon from about 5 years ago, and it supported it. There was a toggle button to change between stations and preset.

Thanks!@

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

There is a Michigan MECA Facebook group that is pretty active. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
Im pretty sure that is a Delphi Sirus plug in./Din connector. You may need to contact GM or better Yet, Sirus, and see if they can help you out. I...
thanks for your time in replying and the effort you have obviously gone to, my radio only has just one single wire for the steering wheel control...
Not enough information. Some remote units are radio specific while others are stand alone.
Did the instructions on the back of the main module not work? They are vague but give you a general procedure.

About this thread

mrnobudy

CarAudio.com Newbie
mrnobudy
Lincoln, NE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from