xenon lights

Participant count
  • Participant list

jacka
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
Got a 98 Passat and I want to get some Xenon headlights. Not sure which direction to go though. I just want to be able to see better at night and have a long lasting bulb. Anyone have any brand suggestions or perhaps where I can go to get the lights?

SilverStars FTW. I hate my PIAA Super Plasma GT-X's. They are the exact same as stock halogen but are $60/ea so I spent $130 (w/ shipping) on stock bulbs..woot!

bumpin blazer...what line of PIAA did you use/are you using?

well.. seems like i can't use any cause my stock housing will make the xenon bulbs reflect everywhere and blind other drivers

SilverStars FTW. I hate my PIAA Super Plasma GT-X's. They are the exact same as stock halogen but are $60/ea so I spent $130 (w/ shipping) on stock bulbs..woot!
bumpin blazer...what line of PIAA did you use/are you using?
i'm using piaa spark 8000K's. they're supposedly brighter and more blue than any other non HID out there. i haven't gotten them yet though, **** japan only headlights:(.

HIDs in reflector housing FTMFL.
If you must get HIDs, do a retrofit. If you don't want to do a retrofit, then atleast find some nice projector headlights then get a kit
well.. seems like i can't use any cause my stock housing will make the xenon bulbs reflect everywhere and blind other drivers
You can but there will be horrible hot spots and glare..

iam burnin da Luminics Pure Blue. I don't like them, too much blue. They look kinda cool, but the blue cast on objects can be confusing. They may be a little brighter than my stock bulbs, but I can't really tell beacuse I put new projector housings in when I put the pure blue's in. I should prolly check the stock bulbs in my housings, may be brighter.

I would go with PIAA if you go non-hid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.