Xbl^2 motor

Charlestyler

85 pounds xbl^2 motor from Pre 2005 12in re xxx..was rebuilt once before. Cant remember all the upgraded parts.it does have a over sized 4in v.c..one of the leads came undone from the v.c..one side reads 3.8 other dont..no time or funds to rebuild it..no burnt smell,or rubbing sounds. Been in storage for 4 years now..time for it to have a new life..Whats it worth to you and your next monster build?...taking offers..no low balls please and thank you..

can't be, the xxx has a beveled backplate exactly like the xxx in audioholic's avatar,.. what you have there is indeed an adire tumult motor with the flat backplate.
The pic in my avatar is an 05 (which I drew in CAD from measurements of my speakers). But iirc the earlier versions had a flat back plate. I may be wrong on that, but Im pretty sure at least the 03 version was flat.

The pic in my avatar is an 05 (which I drew in CAD from measurements of my speakers). But iirc the earlier versions had a flat back plate. I may be wrong on that, but Im pretty sure at least the 03 version was flat.
it is entirely possible that i myself, may also be wrong, but i have never seen one of those variants. tbh, ive come to my own deductive conclusion that the xxx may be just a slightly re-designed tumult. most info on both of these drivers ('03 xxx and tumult) are practically non-existent,.. combine that with the fact i lost my old pc with all of my xbl2 data i mined for years and tsp specs i pulled to divorce, i can't really hone in on specifics for conclusive evidence.

however, this thread makes me miss my tumult. it's brahma siblings are still putting out 'missing' posters on all the telephone poles.

it is entirely possible that i myself, may also be wrong, but i have never seen one of those variants. tbh, ive come to my own deductive conclusion that the xxx may be just a slightly re-designed tumult. most info on both of these drivers ('03 xxx and tumult) are practically non-existent,.. combine that with the fact i lost my old pc with all of my xbl2 data i mined for years and tsp specs i pulled to divorce, i can't really hone in on specifics for conclusive evidence.
however, this thread makes me miss my tumult. it's brahma siblings are still putting out 'missing' posters on all the telephone poles.
Here you go.

85 pounds? Someome lied to you 

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Xxx was never a 4" coil.
72 pounds was the official weight listed for theses drivers, again if my memory serves me correctly. But yes, they were/are 3" coils.

well, there we go. ty for all that, 'holic, my new xbl2 spank bank grows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

that '03 and '04 xxx is identical to the og tumult in a side by side,.. that is, to my eye. the '05 seems to have a slightly higher degree top plate bevel along with it's different bottom plate. speculating, but it may most likely be that Re optimized the piston assembly of the tumult for car use, i mean hell,.. if you get an xbl2 patent license from dan wiggins, why not start with a tried and true proprietary motor assembly thought up by the same guy?

i posted a question to the xbl2/adire fb page referencing possible similarities/differences, but no replies, or even a like,.. i think this may be some uncharted waters to explore for newer xbl2 fans, and even some old ones. idk, i could always go bug pat at robot underground to source the files he possessed from when he was selling adire for dan on consignment if i feel ambitious.

72 pounds was the official weight listed for theses drivers, again if my memory serves me correctly. But yes, they were/are 3" coils.
the tumult was terrible in cars. it was an HT sub. the motor strength ******... i love my XXX18 but it just didn't have the motor strength and ran into power compression QUICK

wish you would post more often. i remember you being very intelligent as a young-in. all the real knowledgeable guys are LONG gone. we need to start discussions that push the boundaries of loudspeakers.
Thanks. Life got in the way. I might get back heavy into car audio again some day. Im selling/sold most of my stuff at this point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.