Xbl^2 motor

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charlestyler

I have a Pre 2005 re audio 12in xxx sub/with the original xbl^2 motor..85 pounds..over sized 4in voice coil. .one issue with the sub is only one coil reads 3.8 the other dont read at all. Lead my of come undone from the coil..reason for thinking this is do to no burnt smell,no odd sounds and its not froze..

I am sure that these used a 3" coil. Yours looks to have been rebuilt, who did the recone? Does it still use the OEM coil?

About 4 years ago I bought it off a guy from Indianapolis who does rebuilds..I cant remember all he did to it,besides adding in that oversize 4in coil,and the carbon fiber dust cap..I've been trying to find that guys number so he could fix it..but its been 4 years so I lost it somewhere down the line..I'm currently running that sub the way it is off a kenwood 1000.1 taking atleast 500rms to the good coil with zero issues,and it seems it wants more..

I'm pretty certain the ED and the XXX were both just underhung coil designs, not XBL^2 Still good looking sub.
The old XXXs were indeed XBL^2 designs.

ZYLJXAI.png

The eD, however, was just underhung.

Its a monster...and needs a new life..I really cant afford to a rebuild or a clean amp once its rebuilt to run it..very power hungry, so just taking up space.this could be a bad *** build..

Ok..just want to thank everyone for there insight. I received a email from fixmyspeaker.com and they confirmed that it does in fact look to be a 03/04 xxx motor..they can rebuild it for little over 200.00 plus shipping..I can s.s the email and post it to my gallery if anyone wants to see it.but thinking I should send it in once I get taxes back and keep this monster...thanks again for all the insight..greatly appreciated. .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...