• Participant list

Thewes
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
Item(s) for Sale:

Alienware M17x R2 Latop

Item(s) Description/Condition:

This laptop is in flawless condition, amazing performance. No real visible scratches anywhere, several small nicks on bottom lip between the speakers. LCD screen is BRAND NEW, just peeled the factory protectant plastic off. Not a scratch or nick anywhere on this 1920x1200 RGB Screen.

Processor: Intel Core i7-920XM Quad Core Extreme Edition 2.00GHz (Turbo-Boost up to 3.20GHz, 8MB Cache, 4 Cores)

Memory: 8GB (8192MB) 1333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x4096]

Video Card: 2x GeForce 1GB GTX 285M in SLI

Screen: 17.0" 1920x1200 (WUXGA) RGB LED Widescreen Display - Beyond HD (1200p) The newer revisions nor the m18x don't even have a screen of this quality, people seek the R2 solely because it has the highest quality RGB screen.

Hard Drive: Seagate Momentus 7200.4 ST9250410AS - Hard drive - internal - 250 GB - 7200 rpm - 2.5" - Serial ATA-300

Disc Drive: Optiarc CD/DVD R/W Disc Drive

Comes with original box, power cord, cd's, I'll even give you the hat it came with. Don't worry, I never wore it.

PM me for more of the smaller specs like wifi card etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

THIS COMPUTER HAS OVER A YEAR LEFT (468 DAYS) OF THE BEST WARRANTY DELL PROVIDES.

"DELL COMPLETE CARE WARRANTY" AND "DELL NEXT BUSINESS DAY SUPPORT WARRANTY"

The complete care warranty covers literally EVERYTHING except fire damage and theft. This includes anything from water damage from a spill, to dropping the computer accidentally from a sky scraper, you name it, its covered. Some people have even accidentally ran over the systems and they have been replaced. You simply send it into the depot in Texas and after they diagnose it, if its determined to be beyond repair, you are over-nighted a new system with either equivalent or much better specifications.

Price:

What I really would like to do is trade it for a Sundown 3500D in really good condition +cash, a Sundown 100.4D+ cash, or a higher model Alpine/Pioneer double din touchscreen headunit +cash. Either of these with the appropriate amount of cash alongside would work out.

But if you really want the laptop outright no trades, I am asking $1750.00 +shipping. The warranty is untouchable, you are practically guaranteed a new upgraded system if anything is to go wrong.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Only shipping continental US. You cover shipping costs. Also if we go the Paypal route, they will eat almost 50 dollars in fees, so please be prepared to pay some of that.

Item Pictures:

photo-33.jpg

photo1-15.jpg

photo2-18.jpg

photo3-7.jpg

photo5-2.jpg

photo4-6.jpg

Haha well it also has a 256gb ssd but I keep all my personal files on there so it will go into whatever I buy next. You can get an 256gb Ocz vertex 4 ssd for 200 bucks with a 5 year warranty.

And Alienware really isn't that bad if you can afford it. Sure it is marked up alot but the quality of the case and proprietary parts is solid, alot of metal as opposed to plastic. Also the warranty is unbeatable with Alienware/dell.

Haha well it also has a 256gb ssd but I keep all my personal files on there so it will go into whatever I buy next. You can get an 256gb Ocz vertex 4 ssd for 200 bucks with a 5 year warranty.
And Alienware really isn't that bad if you can afford it. Sure it is marked up alot but the quality of the case and proprietary parts is solid, alot of metal as opposed to plastic. Also the warranty is unbeatable with Alienware/dell.
Ahhh... I guess I gotta hop on the ssd train as well.

No I feel ya, Alienware really is great. Just marked up a lot. I think of it as.... the JL of laptops haha.

Ahhh... I guess I gotta hop on the ssd train as well.No I feel ya, Alienware really is great. Just marked up a lot. I think of it as.... the JL of laptops haha.
Its all in the custom tooling for the case. Components and compatibility are no different though.

Ahhh... I guess I gotta hop on the ssd train as well.No I feel ya, Alienware really is great. Just marked up a lot. I think of it as.... the JL of laptops haha.
Yup if you have a decent system with nice processor/ram chances are your bottle neck will be the hard drive, SSD is just so fast. Good analogy with the JL. 13w7 is a quality product no arguing that.

Its all in the custom tooling for the case. Components and compatibility are no different though.
Yeah when it comes to laptops/computers in general its not like any company is using in-house specialized components or anything, for example Intel/AMD/ASUS/etc doesn't send better parts to Dell and shittier parts to Acer. Its all the same, some people have a hard time understanding that.

What your paying extra for with Alienware as opposed to lets say an Acer latop is customer service, the warranty, the software-hardware compatibility, and the actual case tooling, case material (anodized aluminum), and other little doodads like the keyboard which can light up 100 different colors. Some people think its over priced, but I think you get what you pay for. Plus this latop is just awesome, I really do not want to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of JL Audio: Any interest in a JL Audio 1000/1 and 2 JL Audio 10W6 V2 subs?
I'm good on the subs but maybe the amp depending on how many owners its had and its condition. Shoot me a PM

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Thewes

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Thewes
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies