WTT/WTB 0.5ohm stable 3k-4k amp!!

plexlove

Senior VIP Member
missouri
Item(s) for Sale:

Looking a .5ohm stable amp to push my RE destroyer. I know the lanzar opti drives are probably my best bet for the price but really need around 4k or more!

I have a hifonics brutus bxi 2610d i can toss in on trade. Good amp, great condition.

I am on a TIGHT budget so please dont even bother if you are trying to sell me on a $600 sundown or something. I would possibly be able to come up with $300 total cash or trade the brutus and $100.

I dont really care if the amp looks perfect, just has to be perfect mechanically!

Feel free to pm me with any offers! Thanks

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

well the reason i dont want the kicker is because i am really wanting closer to 4k rms...and there is a big difference in 3k and 4k. I used to have 2 18"hdc3s on a pbxa3000 and it sounded good, then found an xa4000 for $125 (prolly stolen lol) and it was night and day difference and that was stock electrical just 0 gauge and big 3, no alt, no batts...But now i have ordered a 275amp alt, and gonna get a few batts soon too before i run anything at a half ohm lol.

I know kicker makes good amps, there are tons of those on cl round my parts but id like to get something 1ohm stable in case i switch setups (i tend to do that a lot) and wouldnt want to have to scrap my amp because most all my setups run at 1ohm.

What do you guys think about a gp3000d?? Ive read nothing but good things about them and most claim they will run .5ohms daily with good electrical....anyone have any knowledge?

lol, the kicker will smash a gp3000d, my kicker which was a kx2500.1 prior to the zx, birthsheet was 2960... pure beast and didn't even get warm..... opti's are all over ebay for cheap.... the kicker at 2ohms is a bad mama jamma.... but if you are stuck trying to buy the biggest number as cheap as possible and don't care about all the stuff people are trying to head you too.... there is always audiopipe.....

CAM00030.jpg

Opti3500d guts

IMG_05042.jpg

Pb xa3000d guts, the power bass has xenon board the same board that all of those high end amps use, if you look at the opti it doesn't use a xenon, BUT it has the same exact design with more caps and bigger windings the opti is a beast id take it over that high priced kicker all day 3500 at. 5 u can't run the kicker under 2

side note, idk if i would put 4000 watts on a destroyer...smoky situation...go closer to 2500..thats with the gains down also...
Why do you say that? Ive read numerous posts all saying the thing will eat 4k rms all day long....and i never crank my gain lol.

ok so i have people saying kicker left and right then one saying the opti drive is better lol...but idk if i was gonna go the kicker route i would prolly just go with a fosgate t2500 being that i can get it for the same price as the kicker and the fosgate brth sheet is a little above 3600 rms @2ohms and can be used 1ohm as well so more options with it.

Lol, audiopipe huh? the is the 3k one here but the guys asking more than it costs new lol and idk how good it is, never ran one. I DO however know that the pb xa series amp are straight up beasts!!! I pushed both of mine hard all day long and never got remotely warm, power hungry as hell but **** good amps and if the opti is anywhere close to that, then that will prolly be my choice for price and power!

But whats the diff in the 3500 and the 4000 opti? why does the 3500 cost more and weigh lie 8lbs more? lol

I know I am going to get booed for this, however....if you are looking for an amp that is STABLE at 0.5 ohm nominal, I would suggest to save money and get one that is reliable. Especially if you do not have the electrical system to back it up. If you just buy anything and put it on a less than adequate electrically system, in the long run, you are in for some serious heartbreak. My opinion, off market (not mainstream) brands such as DCaudio, DD, Sundown, American Bass, B2 audio, Incriminator Audio and ect, are excellent at 0.5 ohms, even down to 0.25 ohms, on a great electrical system. Little more expensive, but sometimes, you get what you pay for. And some of these companies will give you a great warranty if it goes up in smoke. The final choice is up to you. Kicker is an EXCELLENT choice for over 1 ohm nominal impedance. First I would invest my money in a stout electrical system. For any amp that runs under 1 ohm nominal, you cant have too many batteries. Then for UNDER one 1 ohm nominal perfomance, I would stay away from the mainstream products. Not saying all of them would not work under 1 ohm nominal, I would go for the sure thing. Just my suggestions.

Lol, I know all about "mainstream" and then actual QUALITY lines.... Ive always ran sundown, audioque, and re subs, and powerbass (xa models only), sundown, and dc amps.....i HATE mainstream because most of its junk....thats why i was asking opinions on which of them to go with. My electrical is fine, i got 3 1800 batts coming now and like i said ive already ordered the alt, so my electrical will be just fine to handle 4K at any ohm lol

Opinions though please.... Fosgate t2500, found one for $500 mint cond, im goin to get it today, it looks as if it KILLS the kicker lol so you guys think thats a good deal? I see they are going used on ebay between 550 and 900.

Lol, I know all about "mainstream" and then actual QUALITY lines.... Ive always ran sundown, audioque, and re subs, and powerbass (xa models only), sundown, and dc amps.....i HATE mainstream because most of its junk....thats why i was asking opinions on which of them to go with. My electrical is fine, i got 3 1800 batts coming now and like i said ive already ordered the alt, so my electrical will be just fine to handle 4K at any ohm lol
Opinions though please.... Fosgate t2500, found one for $500 mint cond, im goin to get it today, it looks as if it KILLS the kicker lol so you guys think thats a good deal? I see they are going used on ebay between 550 and 900.
I wasn't going to get into this one, but I just couldn't help myself on this comment. Powerbass ASA line is everybit as good, they use the same High quality korean boards for the asa line as anyone else. However, they did let me down on one of my favorite amps the asa1500.1x, they now fuse the board, 160A of fusing, but I would rather not have a fused board. But I get over 2K out of my asa1500.1x @ .5 ohms, and I never run hot. I have a store full of high end amps, and this asa1500 is my favorite.

ok, the audiopipe was a joke don't go near it... its dirty power, but if you can get the rf t2500 for the same price as the kicker thats a tough decision... I might go rf.... do yourself a favor and find a good true power amp... don't be like these kids that chase numbers and buy a 5000w amp that does 1500 just cause the price was right.... I don't know how reliable the newer rf's are but I torture tested my kicker and the old fosgates... true powerhouses....

ok guys, i went ahead and bought the t2500 bd (was hoping it was a bdcp) for $500....HUGE improvement!!! That sub is crushing now, BUT i can tell it can take more! Gains set low and its hitting twice as loud as the brutus pushed it @2ohms, but its prolly only still getting around 2k rms on the bd.

I will prolly end up putting it up for trade/sale on here in a few days cuz i know what they are worth, they are sellin left and right on ebay for $800 plus.... so im thinking maybe ill trade for something lower priced that is a good amp still and cash on top.

I got one kinetic 1200 batt today and found a guy with 2 1800's wantin a bill a piece for em but as of now my voltage on full tilt is only dropping to about 13.2 lowest (which is as good or better than the brutus and twice the power) Very efficient amp!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.