WTT SPL Setup for SQ Setup! (Audioque, Kenetik, Fusion)

Participant count
  • Participant list

CrAiZ3
10+ year member

Hi guys! Looking to trade for a good SQ setup. Let me know what you have! I'm looking for something that does well at 4 cubes or smaller, and has a good bit of punchy bass. Also, I will part out but prefer to trade my setup for both good sub(s) and an amp. You pay shipping for my stuff, I pay shipping for yours.

Will also trade for professional grade DJ equipment.

Audioque HDC318 D2

Condition:

Mechanical 10/10 (never had a problem with it)

Cosmetic 8/10 (normal wear)

This thing has been my baby and kept in great condition. I'll be sad to see it go

Kinetic HC2400

Condtion:

Mechanical 10/10 (worked fine and held a charge last time I touched it. Has been sitting around for about a year)

Cosmetic 7/10

Fusion Powerplant PPAM200010

Condition:

Mechanical 10/10 (never blown a fuse or had any problems)

Cosmetic: 8/10

Bass Boost @ 45Hz: 0-12db

Frequency Response: 20Hz - 350Hz

Fuse Rating 40amp x 3

Input Impedence: 20k

Input sensitivity: 0.2v - 8v

Max Power Rating: 2000w

RMS Ratings Per Channel:

600 x 1 @ 4ohms

900 x 1 @ 2ohms

1000 x 1 @ 1ohm

Variable Low Pass Filter: 6db / Octave

Dimensions: 436mm(L) x 278mm(W) x 60mm(H)

Amplifier Class: Class D

Max Power Rating: 2000w

Variable LPF (35Hz-350Hz)

Crossover Selector Switch

Output RCA Terminals for Daisy Chaining audio signal

Diecast Diamond Cut Endcaps

45deg 4AWG Angled power terminals

If you are around the Pittsburgh area, I will gladly meet up if you would like the box as well (it's pretty darn big). It's late right now but i'll get some newer pictures up tomorrow of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yer just looking for sub SQ setup?

If so....just change the box you have yours in, or trade for a 12" sub. Keep yer amp, cause no noticeable difference in any amp you are gonna trade for. Still gonna want solid electrical.

If you are looking for a full SQ setup....you gonna need a lot more to trade than what you have. SQ costs more than SPL.

Yer just looking for sub SQ setup?
If so....just change the box you have yours in, or trade for a 12" sub. Keep yer amp, cause no noticeable difference in any amp you are gonna trade for. Still gonna want solid electrical.

If you are looking for a full SQ setup....you gonna need a lot more to trade than what you have. SQ costs more than SPL.
Thanks for the informative post man! As you might be able to tell I've been out of the car audio scene for a year or two (been happy with what I have). I just want to downsize from what I have to save trunk space and want the cleanest, punchiest, bass I can get for what I have. I'm more interested in the actual quality of the sound anymore than being the loudest car in town. I figure if I get a a good sounding sub when I get a new car I can get the rest of the components then.

not much to designing a sealed box. do you have your info on the sub with specs? it might tell you recommended box sizes etc. if not and you have the tools and some cash try making some boxes to play with.

not much to designing a sealed box. do you have your info on the sub with specs? it might tell you recommended box sizes etc. if not and you have the tools and some cash try making some boxes to play with.
After your post last night I was gonna try a new box today, but it seems that no matter how I design it that it's still going to take up 90% of my trunk space. Just because the sub itself it big. I definitely want to go smaller.

Someone trade me!

if you listen to rock etc i would go with sealed. i prefer it myself. i listen to a lot of different music and like that tight kick but still get decently loud with lows. nothing bothers me more than listening to a nice classic rock song and get a faint kick. i need it punching me in the back. 99% on here would say ported. i have been running two old re sx 10s for a good while and they are loud but lack that tight kick so they are coming out. a nice sq set up does not need a ton of power for the subs most of your money will go into a processor and your front stage. couple idq 12s etc should do ya good. i would sell what ya got and get all your front stage, processor and amp for your fronts then worry about the sub stage later. just my opinion. its easy to add a little bass after. sub stage isnt nearly as important in a sq set up. always build my systems from the front to the back. idk maybe cuz im oldschool lol.

Too big for my damn trunk. I've got 2 Focal 13" Poly 33v1's I've been wanting to get rid of and go louder. Wanted SQ for a long time and found it but I had no idea what the rest of the SQ stuff costs. Jumped into too quick. Cheaper and easier to go more SPL or even SQL imo. If I could find a box design for my trunk ('99 Monte Carlo) that would work with that 18 I'd consider trading.

If all you want is punchy bass, then that's all on the box and the "musical" nature of the sub. You might be completely happy with going to a sealed box, but that sub will never be a sub for an actual sq setup. Look at idq, dayton ho, arc, focal, hertz, etc.

And yes sq is more expensive, I'm moving to it and I just sold my dd m3 just to buy my front stage speakers and they were open/damaged box price

Thanks for all the good recommendations guys.

Too big for my damn trunk. I've got 2 Focal 13" Poly 33v1's I've been wanting to get rid of and go louder. Wanted SQ for a long time and found it but I had no idea what the rest of the SQ stuff costs. Jumped into too quick. Cheaper and easier to go more SPL or even SQL imo. If I could find a box design for my trunk ('99 Monte Carlo) that would work with that 18 I'd consider trading.
If you find a design LET ME KNOW. I am a HUGE fan of focal stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...