Wtf

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darth_Immitis

CarAudio.com Elite
Ever since it’s gotten cold out my amp will randomly cut out at full tilt. It usually happens with songs that have a ~27hz bass line. It’s really effing annoying. My voltage never drops below 12.8v and I’ve checked all connections and everything is tight. Im thinking it’s my crusty amp but then again it never happened when it was nice out. My setup is in my sig. stock batt and stock alt (waiting till spring to throw in 240 and two bigger batts in the trunk). 1/0 from the battery back. Everything was tuned with a dd1 to the amps maximum clean output.

Is it going into protect, or just cutting out? any moisture in your trunk?
I’m not sure cuz I’m always in the driver seat but when it happens the power light on the gain control goes out. I’ll try to replicate it while watching the amp tomorrow. Trunk is dry.

You may take a look at those Excide AGM batteries at like a Northern Tool or a boat store or even online maybe? Those may be my next purchase for the money

They had them on sale here at Tractor Supply for like $109 exchange..Ill be taking a look at them again just around Christmas..I have 3 of the Orileys super Start AGM batts sitting at the moment,, dammned good batteries for the $.last one lasted just over 5 years in one my Trucks

They had them on sale here at Tractor Supply for like $109 exchange..Ill be taking a look at them again just around Christmas..I have 3 of the Orileys super Start AGM batts sitting at the moment,, dammned good batteries for the $.last one lasted just over 5 years in one my Trucks
**** I might just swing by tractor supply after work tomorrow!

Think audiobaun might be onto something. It gets pretty dam cold here too and I've noticed when starting either vehicle, the lights dim a lot lower turning/starting over than in the summertime. Cold weather is harder on batteries.

**** I guess I’ll add that to my list lol any recommendations that aren’t super expensive?
yeah he's right it's not the volts it's the amps are low on batts thats y the have a cca rating and a ca one.. check advance site should be able to get one there $130 or so and they install it..

yeah he's right it's not the volts it's the amps are low on batts thats y the have a cca rating and a ca one.. check advance site should be able to get one there $130 or so and they install it..
Man not a bad price on an AGM..What is the CCA and reserve/ what battery??hell of a deal too to have that installed as well at that price.ya, I traveled and worked all up in the North East coast for several years..Boston, Philly, DC, VA., NY., Conn.,Canada, and several other states.All way up to Canada even.Most the Trucks up there have two battery compartments..we had on our work trucks, and they used those redtops at the time I was up there.I always had an issue with my Audios up there in the winter.I eventually bought an AGM when I had the funds, and only had wait till the cabin warmed up to serve any justice, as my amps were mounted on the small fire wall just under the rear seats on my Duster.. Mean old beater..Gots have a beater up there for the winter times:D

Man not a bad price on an AGM..What is the CCA and reserve/ what battery??hell of a deal too to have that installed as well at that price.ya, I traveled and worked all up in the North East coast for several years..Boston, Philly, DC, VA., NY., Conn.,Canada, and several other states.All way up to Canada even.Most the Trucks up there have two battery compartments..we had on our work trucks, and they used those redtops at the time I was up there.I always had an issue with my Audios up there in the winter.I eventually bought an AGM when I had the funds, and only had wait till the cabin warmed up to serve any justice, as my amps were mounted on the small fire wall just under the rear seats on my Duster.. Mean old beater..Gots have a beater up there for the winter times:D
yeah actually reg price was $169 -$42.25 online discount (looking at receipt now) it says 34agm 740cca.. the reg battery it replaced was 800cca (tested at 540) but i gained 1/2 volt or more and 200 amps or so with this batt but other one was 3 yrs old.. just go to site they have automatic discounts and sometimes u also get $25-$50 coupon for next purchase just look for sales..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Darth_Immitis

CarAudio.com Elite
Darth_Immitis
Massachusetts
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from