WTF @ What just happened.

RumbleNTheTrunk
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Liberty, TX
I was driving home from work listening to a cd(original not burnt) and I had it at half volume and its plays for a good 15 minutes or so going in and out I think thats because my speakers are messed up one side doesnt play I blew them. But anyways to the problem, a loud beep chimes in and I turn down the volume and nothing happens so im forced to turn the head unit off and it no longer plays. So obviously this turns the amp off so Im thinking its the amp and if this means me buying another im going to give up on car audio. It's a Diamond Audio d6 300.2 btw.

if it does end up being the amp i think diamond audio has a lifetime warrenty on their amps..

Im sure that only applies if the amp was purchased (and probably installed) by an authorized dealer.

Why didnt you turn it off when one side was going in and out? Doesnt seem like a good idea to be powering blown speakers from an amp.

Im sure that only applies if the amp was purchased (and probably installed) by an authorized dealer.
Not only does their lifetime amplifier warranty carry the restriction that it had to both be purchased and installed by an authorized reseller but the lifetime warranty only covers it while it remains in the vehicle in which it was originally installed.

your speaker leads are coming in contact with either the 12 + or grounding out. happened to my brothers car. he explained the loud beep and I saw the problem right away ground touching the speaker lead.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

RumbleNTheTrunk

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
RumbleNTheTrunk
Liberty, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date