WTF....done all the fixes, still have white noise!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

86svo
10+ year member

Ok, so quick rundown of my setup since I don't have it in my sig.

Headunit: Pioneer DEH6000ub

Front Stage: Rainbow SLC 265 Kicks

Front Amp: Alpine F-250 bridged to 100rms@4ohm

Sub Stage: Polk Audio SR1224 12"

Sub Amp: Alpine M-500 mono 500rms@2ohm

RCA's: Rockford Fosgate twisted

Power wires: Tsunami 4gauge Competition ran to Rockford 1-3 Distribution block where I have 8gauge going to both amps, both amps grounded with 4gauge wire.

I have the power wire ran down the passenger side, the rca's are ran down the middle of the car. I do have my speaker wire going to my driver side comps running by my amp power wire, but that's the only thing near power wires. I have tried different grounding points, grounded the rcas to the headunit, tried a ground loop isolator, ran HU ground to a good ground point, took the 12V constant to the HU directly from the battery. I've routed all my wires away from the amps and things are pretty neat back there.

Now, the white noise is there all the time except for when I hit mute, then no white noise at all, the louder I turn the volume, the more pronounced the noise is. It is not too bad on my MP3 player, but CD player is pretty bad. I have my rear deck speakers hooked up for rear fill, **no amp**, and when I faded the music to the back, the white noise was evident in the rear speakers. I was shocked that the ground loop isolator did not work for the front speakers, just $20 bucks wasted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I JUST got the cd player middle of last week on a warranty exchange because mine got a little too warm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif *cough cough*, so I doubt the HU would be bad....though it's quite possible. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to just the HU, but have no clue where to go from here. I need the help of CA.com to help me solve this! Really don't want to go to the car audio shop to have them fix/find out my problem.

As always, help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jason

Did you read the rest of the post and realize that the problem isn't a ground loop?
I just saw ground loop isolator and went for the gusto, but I see now that he probably does have a bad deck...............//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.