WTF?? Crazy amount of distorion and need help!!!

mxer69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
DC
When I turn my volume up anywhere above quiet, I get this weird distortion in my speakers. Sounds like it is mainly coming from the right of the driver but it's definitely everywhere. It gets worse when I hit bumps or make a turn. It also is bad if my coaxials try to hit any song that even has any midbass in it. It is really annoying to have a nice system and not even be able to turn it up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

So wtf is the deal? How can I fix it? I am going to be replacing all speakers with CDT's and I've got an amp to power it but would like to have this fixed first..

H/U:

Pioneer AVH-4100DVD as

Coaxials:

4 Polk db651s

Sub:

12" Fi BL

Sub amp:

hifonics 1608

Amp for highs:

none at the moment

wires fox the coax's are touching some where would be my best guess. take them out and check. my old del sol had the same prob and the speaker wires were grounding of the door.

wires fox the coax's are touching some where would be my best guess. take them out and check. my old del sol had the same prob and the speaker wires were grounding of the door.

Interesting thought. I'll have to look into that tomorrow. I'm guessing it's probably grounding in the back right since that is where the distortion is coming from. Any other thoughts?

check your ground at the source, check all your terminals on the speakers, and check to see if the speaker terminals on the doors are grounding themselves to the door frame.

I always use a little bit of shrinkwrap over my female terminals for my speakers, that way there isn't any exposed metal when it's plugged in.

check your ground at the source, check all your terminals on the speakers, and check to see if the speaker terminals on the doors are grounding themselves to the door frame.
I always use a little bit of shrinkwrap over my female terminals for my speakers, that way there isn't any exposed metal when it's plugged in.
This^

could also be blown but i guess if they sound good at low volumes they may not....id check all terminals and ground on radio...and for the heck of it check your hu settings

hmmmm...RCA issues possibly? Just came to mind...but it's 12:30 and it was quite the day...so i refuse to claim responsibility for most of what I say tonight when it comes to troubleshooting.

I have a similar problem. Get some engine noise through my left comp. Stays the same volume. I can hear it when the volume is at 0 and at low listen levels.

I have a similar problem. Get some engine noise through my left comp. Stays the same volume. I can hear it when the volume is at 0 and at low listen levels.
i had engine noise as well. cleaned up my ground and added a second battery and bam its gone lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.