WTB: Tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

executor485
10+ year member

So... I'm not sure if I've just had really bad luck or this is common, but I've had nothing but problems with my FoCal tweeters... The mids have been great, but the story is I have a set of polyglass 165 components and a set of 165 2 ways...

One of the 2 way tweeters has blown, twice... They replaced it once and I'm just not going through the hell it took to get it replaced the first time again.

BOTH of the component tweeters have gone out. 1 of them just does not work period, the other one crackles horribly.

Now, one may think I'm abusing these things or something, but I've only got them on a JL Audio 300/4, and I rarely even listen to it above 1/4 volume. Broke them in properly, etc. In fact, reason I even noticed the crackling tweet was because I was listening to the traffic reports, lol, regular music you can barely tell unless your listening for it.

*now off my soap box*

I'm in the market for a set of tweeters. I dont wanna spend a fortune, but I dont want the run of the mill sets either (seeing as I run JL and FoCal, I dont want Sony cheap, lol). Let me know what you have, and we'll see what we can work out!

brat005.jpg

Diamond Audio Hex tweets. Comes with mounting hardware. There is a small dent in the mesh cap on one of them, but it doesnt affect SQ at all. $40 shipped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.