WTB shallow mount subs

We've been using Pioneer TS-SW3002S4 for a shallow 12". If you actually need a thin box those have a depth of 3-3/8", plus they work in 0.5-1.0 cubes sealed and 0.65-1.0 cubes + port displacement. If you're asking for shallow subs because someone told you they work great in small boxes that does not apply universally. Some shallow subs need a fairly large enclosure to make deep bass, which is counterproductive to the entire purpose of fitting subs under or behind a truck's seat.

The PPI Phantom13 sub we have for sale is sealed only, 2" depth, 0.5-1.0 cubes sealed.

We've been using Pioneer TS-SW3002S4 for a shallow 12". If you actually need a thin box those have a depth of 3-3/8", plus they work in 0.5-1.0 cubes sealed and 0.65-1.0 cubes + port displacement. If you're asking for shallow subs because someone told you they work great in small boxes that does not apply universally. Some shallow subs need a fairly large enclosure to make deep bass, which is counterproductive to the entire purpose of fitting subs under or behind a truck's seat.
The PPI Phantom13 sub we have for sale is sealed only, 2" depth, 0.5-1.0 cubes sealed.
I'm looking for shallow mounts because thats all that fits everything else is big and even 6" might be too much. i really am just going off of the sundown sd-2 line which is 1 cubic ft sealed or 1.75 ported so I'm debating what would be louder? 1 12" ported on 600 watts or 2 12's sealed off 1200 watts?

I'm looking for shallow mounts because thats all that fits everything else is big and even 6" might be too much. i really am just going off of the sundown sd-2 line which is 1 cubic ft sealed or 1.75 ported so I'm debating what would be louder? 1 12" ported on 600 watts or 2 12's sealed off 1200 watts?
I think it's more impressive and more practical to do 1 ported 12" in a well built custom enclosure on low power than to do twice the subs, sealed, on twice the power. It's more practical because it costs less on your electrical demands, and you buy 1/2 as many subwoofers. If the electrical supply is not at issue for the power levels you have in mind, I'd still go ported. It's so much louder and more fun to have an enclosure tuned in the low 30s. If you have an Audiomobile dealer near you I strongly recommend the Elite 2212.

I think it's more impressive and more practical to do 1 ported 12" in a well built custom enclosure on low power than to do twice the subs, sealed, on twice the power. It's more practical because it costs less on your electrical demands, and you buy 1/2 as many subwoofers. If the electrical supply is not at issue for the power levels you have in mind, I'd still go ported. It's so much louder and more fun to have an enclosure tuned in the low 30s. If you have an Audiomobile dealer near you I strongly recommend the Elite 2212.
well my truck really limits me to a nice box. a wedge behind the seats is what i need to work with. and my max GROSS volume being 2.28 cubic ft but thats pillar to pillar with 1 inch of space on each side

well my truck really limits me to a nice box. a wedge behind the seats is what i need to work with. and my max GROSS volume being 2.28 cubic ft but thats pillar to pillar with 1 inch of space on each side
What's the truck? Year/make/model/cab size?

Center console?
nope no center console but will get one soon. this is how my zv4 was. i still have this box so i want to utilize it if i go with a single 12 ported. its 1.8^3 @32hz with a 4" pvc pipe

34xkq3k.jpg

nope no center console but will get one soon. this is how my zv4 was. i still have this box so i want to utilize it if i go with a single 12 ported. its 1.8^3 @32hz with a 4" pvc pipe
34xkq3k.jpg
Put a couple 8's in there. Like 2 or 3. You might even be able to just put 2 10's. Most 10s have like 5-5.5 inch mounting depth

I agree. 8's or 10's would work better than a 12.

1 12" rated 600w in that same enclosure won't be comparable to your 1 10" zv4. Also, I think the 12 SD-2 recommends 2.0 cuft ported.

Your best bet though would be to make a center console and put 2 12's ported running 600w each.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.