WTB JL Audio 1000/1 amp

rdlyn13000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys im looking for a JL 1000/1 to run my 10" W7. Im currently running a JL 500/1 on it but hooked a 1000/1 about a week ago and it was loving it! Reason I want JL is 1-to keep it all the same and 2-because its a single 3 ohm sub and JL amps run there RMS between 1.5-4 ohms. I may be open to another amp that can give my sub around 1000 watts but would really prefer a slash 1000/1.

What's your budget? And are you looking for a V1 or V2? I heard the V3 is supposed to come out this summer.

I saw one on Craigslist for that amp and a 12W7 that I was considering picking up and either using or reselling. But I ended up getting a Havoc instead. I know the seller still has them. The seller agreed on $550 but I don't think it's worth it to go thru the motions for how much I can sell them for. You should check your local CL. I look on mine often and lots of those amps come up for sale. I think you can find one in decent condition for $300.

I saw one on Craigslist for that amp and a 12W7 that I was considering picking up and either using or reselling. But I ended up getting a Havoc instead. I know the seller still has them. The seller agreed on $550 but I don't think it's worth it to go thru the motions for how much I can sell them for. You should check your local CL. I look on mine often and lots of those amps come up for sale. I think you can find one in decent condition for $300.
Yeah I check craigslist and ebay a few times a day and theres not much in my area right now. You should see what he will sell you that amp for by its self and I could paypal you the money and you could ship it to me?

Yeah I check craigslist and ebay a few times a day and theres not much in my area right now. You should see what he will sell you that amp for by its self and I could paypal you the money and you could ship it to me?
That's far too much work with not enough reward to warrant the risk. It would be one thing if I could just go see it working, pay for it then ship it. But I have to take it to a shop to test it. And I'm not buying anything without seeing it work off CL.

I have 1 but looking to get a bit more than you are willing to spend. Can do it for 350$ shipped, it includes 14ft of 1/0 gauge power wire and a distribution block. Can send pics if interested.

That looks like the guy I'm talking to in this thread lol
Really? LOL, I guess I was tracking it on ebay and it was relisted so they sent me an email letting me know. That's a weird coincidence. I just took a look around and it's one of the cheaper 1000/1s available. Also, you can search CL for areas near you, not just in your immediate area. I do that and I find tons of these amps all around FL. I've seen them as low as $250.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.