WTB H.O Alt for GM 3800 series 3 engine (07 grand Prix 3.8l V6)

Kross6622
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SCS, MI
I am looking at buying a new or used H.O alternator. Right now im fine with my stock but I think I want to upgrade at least to a 200 amp one. Bigger is always better. Price range depends on alt. Will do ~1 per amp for a used and ~1.25 an amp new, these are just ballpark prices to show what im looking for.

Please if you know a good place to get them or can put me in touch with someone I would apretiate it. if you have something smaller I still may be interested if the price is right.

Look up motorcityreman on ebay.

Try looking at a cs144 alt from a mid-late 90s deville without heated windshield, you can get alts for those that will do over 200a at idle.
****, i wish i would have seen this thread before i bought my alternator.

yea when i bought it it was 289 it went up a little its a direct bolt on just change the alternator same casing, only thing you need is to upgrade the big 3

already have the big 3 done. Did you notice a difference at idle? I got a 165 AH battery in the back and i just want to beef up the alt so i have a sound electrical. Did it come with a birthsheet? Wondering how it performs in low rpms.

I'm not sure what all it will fit but the cases looks the same. I bought it for my 2001 pontiac with a 3.4l and the car was wrecked before I could install it. As far as what it does at idle I know Excessive amperage are designed to perform well. I beleive it puts out 250 amps max.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.