WTB distroblock, rca, some speaker wire, and about 10 Sq ft of sound deadner

Participant count
  • Participant list

silver07
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
Almost done with my build, trying not to spend toooo much more than I already have. Figure some of you guys have this stuff laying around after doing your builds. Help me out!

Distroblock just needs 4 gauge in, and 4 or 8 gauge out, need about 15-20ft of any gauge speaker wire, would prefer 4 channel rca in good condition, and don't care which sound deadner as long as it sticks.

Not a bad option for speaker wire if you have Amazon prime especially, I think they have it in 12 or 16 ga:
Amazon.com: Monster Cable XLN12S-18SB Standard Speaker Wire 12 Gauge - 18 Ft - (Discontinued by Manufacturer): Electronics
yup looks similar to the tsunami wire i got. might want to check your local audio shop might have something cheap laying around. buddy hooked me up with a free distro block, 3.5mm to aux, bunch of fuses and other misc crap from his shop. makes it worth it to buy other stuff from them, they usually price match anyway

Not a bad option for speaker wire if you have Amazon prime especially, I think they have it in 12 or 16 ga:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MBZVFE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i got some of that when i 1st started, i didn't like it, its thick and hard to work with if trying to install in to doors, takes longer to cut and strip and to install and didn't make much of a difference, not worth all the extra hassle to install opposed to just normal speaker wire, those are best for home theater systems

this is good inexpensive speaker wire and OFC (the 2 right speaker wires)

http://www.vertexaudio.com/category-s/1829.htm

you make a good point, it is a pain in the *** to get through doors but other than that i like it. nice thick plastic so you can pinch it a little without worry (at least mine was anyway, double coated). will probably carry enough power for 4 sets of speakers too if you're running them off one channel lol but for a normal install with one set its kinda overkill and not worth it.

honestly, any wire works for speaker wiring... even telephone wire

If you want some high quality noise-rejecting RCAs I could help out there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif PM me if interested

I also have a few other sets of RCAs lying around but nothing to match for 4 channels. I've got 2ch of Stinger HPM3 and 2ch of Vampire Wire that are about 16-20 ft long though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.