WTB 8 decent tripple stacked 12" or 6 15" subs all matching

manyhobbies
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Looking to do 8 12's or 6 15's. I'm not set on ohm loads as of yet because I'm not sure what power I'm gonna use. They can be all used or new, don't matter but looking to spend whatever is fair to me.

Subs along the lines of the orion hcca's or soundstream xxx would be prefered, but any good tripple stacked magnet sub with excursion capability's around 3-4" total and power handling 2000watts and up would be good aswell. Thanks, Russ

Subs would'nt have to be triple stacked and yes I know there are many diff magnet configurations, the problem with that is most of the subs out there don't have those detailed specs.

That info was actually helpfull for that particular sub because I would not have known all the details of it.

I don't know what all the parameters mean for subwoofers, but I do understand that max cone area and great xmax equals a lot of air movement.

Another thing that throws me for a loop is all the rated xmax, you don't always know if they are rating it one way linear or peek to peek, and some rate xmax with xmech why can't they all go by a standard.

I am wanting to do this in my crew cab chevy truck 1999 old bodystyle, and I want to do it as cheap as possible.

i have 14.5 cubes and can not still see out my rear window,so your doing pretty good with that.i had a build plan of 16 Sundown SA-8's which is about the same cone area as 8 12's i was going to run them on my 500.1 at .5 ohm
but as far as doing more with less,2 18's ported in the right build would do great hair tricks,what is all this going in?did you ever measure your power?
I have measured the power a few times. Average of 75-80 ac volts at 1.5ohm, this is with subs connected and I'm guessing 12.5-13.5 imput voltage.

8 12's would be louder, and with more excursion you'll have more displacement. Linear BL will matter to, you'll only pressurize air while the woofer is pushing forward with constant force, the millisecond BL begins to deviate your displacement is irrelevant. A sub with linear BL for 12mm will produce as much pressure as one moving substantially more but beyond xmax. The idea is Sd x Xmax is displacement of course but alot of people like rating things improperly. Overhang method is the only way to be accurate, 70% BL is not a good way of measuring.

Ok, so if you would, help me to understand the parameters, is there a chart somewhere that would spell out the abreviations so I would understand what each refers to, I am unsure what bl stands for. I do understand a few of them but I also don't nec know what number on each param is good or bad. I know I don't know much about the specifics of subwoofers but I would like to learn so I don't sound like a retard when speaking of them, besides it will help me make sound decisions when purchasing. Thanks, Russ

8 12's would be louder, and with more excursion you'll have more displacement. Linear BL will matter to, you'll only pressurize air while the woofer is pushing forward with constant force, the millisecond BL begins to deviate your displacement is irrelevant. A sub with linear BL for 12mm will produce as much pressure as one moving substantially more but beyond xmax. The idea is Sd x Xmax is displacement of course but alot of people like rating things improperly. Overhang method is the only way to be accurate, 70% BL is not a good way of measuring.

i dont know if ive ever heard of anyone doing a hair trick off any subs / sealed box ever - no matter how manny / cone area.

from what I gather - hair tricks is all about your port design - and how it will interact with the remaning cabbin space of your viechle / open window or door.

i dont know if ive ever heard of anyone doing a hair trick off any subs / sealed box ever - no matter how manny / cone area.
from what I gather - hair tricks is all about your port design - and how it will interact with the remaning cabbin space of your viechle / open window or door.
Plenty of people have done hairtricks with sealed enclosures....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.