WTB: 3-4kw power handling, optimized for 4 cubes. 15" sub or strong motor

Bwap

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
As the title says, I am looking for a sub with 3k-4k power handling that will work great in 4 cubes.

I would prefer a 15" but if the deal is good enough I will buy a 12".

I will also buy a powerful motor, serious motors only... I want a beast.

The options I have so far are, DC level 5, AA SMD, PSI platform 3 and corey at SPL custom.

Im debating one of these, but I know there are options out there I may have overlooked.

So if anyone has anything they would recommend or wants to sell, please let me know.

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']@mlstrass; runs 7k (not clamped) but 2 aq3500s daily to his hdc4 18 ...what vehicle will this be going in?[/QUOTE]

Sadly a Volvo s80 for now... that's why im restricted to 4 cubes. :(

don't worry next vehicle will be an suv, hopefully running two mmats 3500s.

Look at red star audio. They are from russia I believe. Guy on caco posted some pics of the most beautiful subs. Sp audio is another not alot here are running. B2 audio xc with new 4 inch coil could do ya right
Thanks, just what I was looking for. Never heard of either of them, but they are nice.

The shd have known coil rub problems. Even at you would have to run a 7.5k on it daily. Who runs that much power on 1 sub daily? Sundown rates their woofers highly underrated just like aq but they take the power just as a hdc4 would. It's a marketing gimmick for warranty etc. stop looking so much as the name but to what the product will do and has been proven to do.
hmmmm....I haven't built any shd woofers to send to va yet.....makes one wonder

hmmmm....I haven't built any shd woofers to send to va yet.....makes one wonder
You know who has all the shd in VA. It's not hidden in the car audio world. Hanks set rubbed pretty good as well.

With the mmats 3500.05 should I be looking at a 3"(8 layer aluminum) coil or a 4"(copper?) coil for best performance.. I was pretty set on a 4hp, but now im debating a shocker sig or some other 3" coil.. its for daily not spl, but I want it to slam.. idk how this amp would push a 4" coil.

You know who has all the shd in VA. It's not hidden in the car audio world. Hanks set rubbed pretty good as well.
like I said I never built any that went to va and I talk to hank on a daily basis and picked his two shds up from him at sbn in perfect working condition....he had a slight tick at full excursion iirc but could have been many things causing that........im sorry if you have been told something else but that's the bare truth of it. like is aid before I don't want to argue and if you want to know anything else feel free to contact me directly...I have nothing to hide.

that would be false. my pair of SHD's were fine when i recieved them. i put them on 2 ns1's and got the coils hot and i slightly bubbled one of the formers which you could barely hear at low volume it make a very slight buzzing sound. so not sure where u get your false facts from but if you are referring to my MD 15 i posted in a video yes that one did but it was never tested before i picked it up direct. so it was already ready to be fixed after i noticed it before even putting power to it. talked to murphy and he said no problem ill send you a drop in to replace it.

ur crazy the hdc4 can handle 3-4k all day every day ..probably better than the level 5. its only a 3.5 " coil .. i know people who run 2 aq3500s to a single hdc4 daily. amd a neo sub is a horrible.idea for the little amount of.power ur going to be throwing it
^THIS..... as long as you know what your doing it will take that. also take into account rise and voltage drops, and the fact that your not going to be riding to 0db test tones all day long it will take that amp no problem

he|| im about put 3k or so, to my 1-hdc3 18 daily. after rise and volt drop from it being music anyway it will rarely if at all see that power anyway

How does a HDC4 compare to a tc5200 or zcon?.. the TSPS. look more appetizing on either of those.
Im not sure what the ZCON can really handle power wise but at the same power, around 2k I loved how the zcon sounds over the hdc4. I have two hdc4 18s and my cousin has run a zcon 18

Im not sure what the ZCON can really handle power wise but at the same power, around 2k I loved how the zcon sounds over the hdc4. I have two hdc4 18s and my cousin has run a zcon 18
Hmm so you preferred the sound of one zcon over 2 hdcs?.. or did you mean 1 hdc to 1 zcon?

Hmm so you preferred the sound of one zcon over 2 hdcs?.. or did you mean 1 hdc to 1 zcon?
I prefered the zcon to both 2 hdcs walled and the single hdc im running in a trunk now. I havent tried a ton of boxes yet but i thought the zcon was more musical

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.