WTB: 3-4kw power handling, optimized for 4 cubes. 15" sub or strong motor

Bwap

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
As the title says, I am looking for a sub with 3k-4k power handling that will work great in 4 cubes.

I would prefer a 15" but if the deal is good enough I will buy a 12".

I will also buy a powerful motor, serious motors only... I want a beast.

The options I have so far are, DC level 5, AA SMD, PSI platform 3 and corey at SPL custom.

Im debating one of these, but I know there are options out there I may have overlooked.

So if anyone has anything they would recommend or wants to sell, please let me know.

and if ur talking a 3-4k amp and not 3/4k clampped power the hdc4 will laugh at it
mmats 3500.05.. Its shipping atm, so I haven't clamped it yet.

I find rms rating crazy... the level 5 has a 3.5" coil but is rated at 3500rms, while the hdc4 has a 4" coil but is rated at 2000rms. I know there are many other factors, but will it really laugh at double its rms?... because if so, then what about people feeding them 2k?.. do they move to that? lol

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']@mlstrass; pls school this noob on the power handlig capabilites of.the hdc4 good sir[/QUOTE]

Meh, ill admit im noob at this much power.. but your derogatory statements aren't welcome. I give everyone the same respect, as should you. You were a noob once, maybe still are nutthugging this hard. I never hated on the subs, not one bit, just said according the their website rated rms I cant run them.

mmats 3500.05.. Its shipping atm, so I haven't clamped it yet.
I find rms rating crazy... the level 5 has a 3.5" coil but is rated at 3500rms, while the hdc4 has a 4" coil but is rated at 2000rms. I know there are many other factors, but will it really laugh at double its rms?... because if so, then what about people feeding them 2k?.. do they move to that? lol
go to my profile watch my video and see what a pair of.12s do on rms ..amd yes theychandle double rms all day no prob...im not sure why the rms between it.amd the lv 5 are so different ..but id take a hdc4 over one anyday

i a rebuilt eclipse titanium pro 15", basket powder coated red, dual 1, tsns cone w/ carbon fiber dust cap. if you are interested shoot me a pm with your cell number and ill shoot you some pix

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/567756-quick-hdc4-shirt-trick.html

Meh, ill admit im noob at this much power.. but your derogatory statements aren't welcome. I give everyone the same respect, as should you. You were a noob once, maybe still are nutthugging this hard. I never hated on the subs, not one bit, just said according the their website rated rms I cant run them.
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/567756-quick-hdc4-shirt-trick.html

this is.what they will do on rms..and if i wanted mlre icwouldnt be hesitant to throw another aq3500.1 on them.

not nuthugging just trying .to suggest ways to fit ur needs without breakin the bank ..a shd is over twice the cost of a hdc and is a waste at the power u would be giving.it is all

Nice man.. I wish I had more cubes to work with.. two of those would definitely be an option. Idk what im going to do yet, but all these rms ratings drive me crazy.. I definitely don't want to be running it at peak though, I saw a vid of one taking 4k and it seemed fine.. but for how long lol

[quote name='Bwap']Nice man.. I wish I had more cubes to work with.. two of those would definitely be an option. Idk what im going to do yet, but all these rms ratings drive me crazy.. I definitely don't want to be running it at peak though, I saw a vid of one taking 4k and it seemed fine.. but for how long lol[/QUOTE]
@mlstrass; runs 7k (not clamped) but 2 aq3500s daily to his hdc4 18 ...what vehicle will this be going in?

and u wont be at 4k after rise and voltage drop etc etc ...i wouldnt hesitate to run one on that mmats...just set gains correctly and have the electrical to back it up and you will have no prob...but like.others have .mentioned ..that tc5200 lvl 5 and xsv2 should all fit.the bill for.you

The shd have known coil rub problems. Even at you would have to run a 7.5k on it daily. Who runs that much power on 1 sub daily? Sundown rates their woofers highly underrated just like aq but they take the power just as a hdc4 would. It's a marketing gimmick for warranty etc. stop looking so much as the name but to what the product will do and has been proven to do.

The shd have known coil rub problems. Even at you would have to run a 7.5k on it daily. Who runs that much power on 1 sub daily? Sundown rates their woofers highly underrated just like aq but they take the power just as a hdc4 would. It's a marketing gimmick for warranty etc. stop looking so much as the name but to what the product will do and has been proven to do.
Well its not that im looking at the name, its that I am being deceived by these ratings lol.. the hp4 motor is the thing I think Im wanting to build off of, looking at other options too... but im not sure what I want yet. Id actually prefer exotic recommendations, because who hasn't looked at dc,fi,psi,aq.. all good brands, but everyone knows them.

Well its not that im looking at the name, its that I am being deceived by these ratings lol.. the hp4 motor is the thing I think Im wanting to build off of, looking at other options too... but im not sure what I want yet. Id actually prefer exotic recommendations, because who hasn't looked at dc,fi,psi,aq.. all good brands, but everyone knows them.
Look at red star audio. They are from russia I believe. Guy on caco posted some pics of the most beautiful subs. Sp audio is another not alot here are running. B2 audio xc with new 4 inch coil could do ya right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.