WTB: 2 1/2 in midrange

Participant count
  • Participant list
Looking for a smaller midrange for my doors. I found some on parts express but none can really handle 40-60w rms which is what I need.
its only 2.5 inch mids they dont necessarily have the voice coil to handle that much unless you jump to a 3 inch mid, then your options will be opened up a lot more.

its only 2.5 inch mids they dont necessarily have the voice coil to handle that much unless you jump to a 3 inch mid, then your options will be opened up a lot more.
The problem is 3in is pushing it in size. I would like a simple installation, dont really want to mess with fiberglass and what not

The problem is 3in is pushing it in size. I would like a simple installation, dont really want to mess with fiberglass and what not
you dont have to have something that handles power, you can just get something efficient and barely put any power on it and it should still get you way louder and cleaner than something that just has a high power handling. You want Quality over "claimed" power handling numbers. You can also set the gain so that the amp will only put out X amount of watts. Power handling should not be the deciding factor on what you base your mids and highs choice in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.