WTB: 1 - Dual 1 15" 1000-1500 rms

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Like the title says looking to buy a single 15" Dual 1 ohm. in the 1000 - 1500 rms range. If 1k needs to be a conservative rating like not 2.5" coil. Along the lines of Soundqubed hdc3 or American Bass HD(either of these would be great lol). Looking in the $250 range. Post what you have with price shipped/insured...

Thanks

I just saw the he need some milk vid yesterday.......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif:rotflol:
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

I've got a 15" Shocker Sig here D1.4 copper coil. You'd want a BIG box to do it justice, though it should function fairly well in 4 cube. Soft-ish suspension, good efficiency, would do well tuned low playing flat or tuned 40hz for lower power SPL applications.

I'd want to see 250 in pocket so you'd need to cover shipping and any payment fees.

We did 143 and some change on a JL 500/1 in my friend's Volvo wagon with it a few years back in a musical tuned 4 cube net box. 5 cube and 40hz tuning would have got a lot more output out of it. I should have some TS parameters here somewhere if you're interested.

I've got a 15" Shocker Sig here D1.4 copper coil. You'd want a BIG box to do it justice, though it should function fairly well in 4 cube. Soft-ish suspension, good efficiency, would do well tuned low playing flat or tuned 40hz for lower power SPL applications.
I'd want to see 250 in pocket so you'd need to cover shipping and any payment fees.

We did 143 and some change on a JL 500/1 in my friend's Volvo wagon with it a few years back in a musical tuned 4 cube net box. 5 cube and 40hz tuning would have got a lot more output out of it. I should have some TS parameters here somewhere if you're interested.
Ok so what would be shipped Price?

Ok so what would be shipped Price?

Figure 20X20X20 and 90-100 pounds to pack it safely coming from 04348. Last one I shipped was 90$ or so via Fedex but that was to California. Plug in the size, weight, and value into FedEx or UPS and see what they say. Might be a little less with an account with either of those carriers. US Post Office tops out at 70 pounds so they're not an option.

Figure 20X20X20 and 90-100 pounds to pack it safely coming from 04348. Last one I shipped was 90$ or so via Fedex but that was to California. Plug in the size, weight, and value into FedEx or UPS and see what they say. Might be a little less with an account with either of those carriers. US Post Office tops out at 70 pounds so they're not an option.
Ok, i ended up getting a Sundown ZV4 15 local yesterday. For $275 so i think thats pretty good deal so im not longer looking for a sub. But thanks though i was honestly really thinking about this. I have heard about Sigs but never seen one perform in person. I have friend here Named Matt Wilson who is a MECA world champ and he has talked about them and mentioned them countless times.

Ok, i ended up getting a Sundown ZV4 15 local yesterday. For $275 so i think thats pretty good deal so im not longer looking for a sub. But thanks though i was honestly really thinking about this. I have heard about Sigs but never seen one perform in person. I have friend here Named Matt Wilson who is a MECA world champ and he has talked about them and mentioned them countless times.
That is a very good score. The killer with these big subs is always the shipping, it's great when you can find them local.

'05 Sig is very loud because of the very tight gap. This one here with the soft suspension is pretty musical too. I might play around with it in my new car this summer if I still have it, but I'm probably going to rebuild this or something else as a 12 for space limitations.

That is a very good score. The killer with these big subs is always the shipping, it's great when you can find them local.
'05 Sig is very loud because of the very tight gap. This one here with the soft suspension is pretty musical too. I might play around with it in my new car this summer if I still have it, but I'm probably going to rebuild this or something else as a 12 for space limitations.
Yea those Sigs compared to others in pictures are massive. im just surprised i dont see them used now. Which i know now there tons of nut huggers for brands but still those look godly lol

Yea those Sigs compared to others in pictures are massive. im just surprised i dont see them used now. Which i know now there tons of nut huggers for brands but still those look godly lol
The problem is so few people really do SPL competitions anymore and power is cheap. Few people are interested in numbers goals or efficiency. They want something that "can take 5000W". Never mind if you could get the same output with a more efficient system and 1500W, when it's time to whip it out and start measuring the power number printed on the amp is all most buyers care about.

Serious SPL guys these days use neodymium or stick with whatever brand gives them a good hookup on gear, casuals buy based on power handling numbers and trends.... or just what brand is most active in supporting them. I think at this point not a lot of them are changing hands anymore. Guys who bought them originally have moved on from competing and sold them or put them on a shelf in their garage/basement/barn, the people who have them now don't seem to be selling. I don't think many were even made to begin with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.