wow? a 149.8 with an L5?

Did anyone else notice that it was an AC mic? Can't tell if its a 180 or 190 model, but either reads higher than the TL (the 180 usually by around 3db, the 190 by around 1).

Not a bad score for that sub regardless, just pointing out that it can't be directly compared to the TL.

^^^ Damn didn't notice until you mentioned it, but i just re watched the vid and it can clearly be seen. Couldn't have been an official Meca even then, they can only use the newest TL right??

Yeah thats not a TL , it is part of steves new retailer program, you can use your own mic and rules basically, I would like to see what it would be @ the headrest on the TL, but still not a bad score

not a bad score but first thing i noticed a old ac. the ac 180 can be as much as 5dbs off frequency depending. he is probley really low 140s legal on the dash with a tl but that is still good.

did he do a cut thru into the tool box though?

I notice the AC mic as well, first thing that caught my attention in the vid. Not a bad score though, just not a fan of Kicker anymore myself.

Friend of mine did a 146.8 I believe in a 94 GMC Sierra with (2) HDC3 10s and a AQ3500D with a gain set to around 2k (because of his electrical). Bigger truck, but small cabin like the ranger, but for some reason, his sounded much louder.

That was on a TL and in the kick if I remember correctly.

Did anyone else notice that it was an AC mic? Can't tell if its a 180 or 190 model, but either reads higher than the TL (the 180 usually by around 3db, the 190 by around 1).Not a bad score for that sub regardless, just pointing out that it can't be directly compared to the TL.
Beat me too it:D

can you splain to me why the l5's are retarded
i just havent liked them forever, thats all anyone has around here are , l7s l5s, and jll audio. and i dont care for any of them except the l7s r ok. just burnt out on the l5s. they look ridiculous as well.

Sealed up they are very hard to get loud... I've seen multiple single/extended cab trucks pick up 2-4 dbs just by opening up a door.

Apparently video proof of a run isn't good enough anymore... A single 15" woofer, that is more SPL oriented with 3.5+ times rated power, w/ a door or window open(can't tell in video), in a very small cabin area, and more than likely in a higher tuned enclosure is very capable of doing those numbers.

I bet you would call BS on pretty much all of TommyKs numbers had he not been in the CA world for a decent amount of time.

Who is the TommyK guy who thinks he's loud with a single 10" sub. 151.5 on the TL MECA style......big deal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif He's even more pathetic in super port wars doing just under 170 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

to this day and forever i will stand behind the l5's and l7's. i have owned them and they very nice subs. they get really loud and low, however i do agree they are overpriced when its at what kicker wants for them. but if you buy them from the unauthorized dealers when they sell around $220 they IMO are the best bang for the buck.

kicker has the technology and the bank roll to make amazing products for todays bass head but i cant understand why they havent.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.