wow? a 149.8 with an L5?

Yea i don't doubt it... In that class its metered @ headrest w/ any doors, windows, etc open that you want. It's prolli a higher tuned box, small cabin area, and he's giving the woofer like 3.5x rms depending on what the amp is wired to.

L5s can get pretty loud, there just are much better sounding subs out there for the money. Plus a bunch more for same price or less will get louder.

............and people will still claim its hard to get a small truck loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif:crazy:
seal it up and try again.

why you say that? if i dont like them thats up to me... right?
It's just one of the dumber statements I've ever seen made regarding a car audio product. You said you're not big on them because they are retarded, well what makes them retarded then??

You would have made yourself sound a lot more intelligent if u would have said something like - "I'm not big on L5s myself, they have shitty SQ and can't compare with anything in their price range"

............and people will still claim its hard to get a small truck loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif:crazy:
Sealed up they are very hard to get loud... I've seen multiple single/extended cab trucks pick up 2-4 dbs just by opening up a door.

Eah. Unless that l5 has got 4k+ power.

There's no way.
Apparently video proof of a run isn't good enough anymore... A single 15" woofer, that is more SPL oriented with 3.5+ times rated power, w/ a door or window open(can't tell in video), in a very small cabin area, and more than likely in a higher tuned enclosure is very capable of doing those numbers.

I bet you would call BS on pretty much all of TommyKs numbers had he not been in the CA world for a decent amount of time.

It's just one of the dumber statements I've ever seen made regarding a car audio product. You said you're not big on them because they are retarded, well what makes them retarded then??
You would have made yourself sound a lot more intelligent if u would have said something like - "I'm not big on L5s myself, they have shitty SQ and can't compare with anything in their price range"
dude you talk to much, i aint got splain nothin yo you. theyre retarded plain and simple, all imo. stop posting off the hook all the uselesness

There is simply not alot of roof in the vehicle.

An L5 is a loud woofer for the price but hitting a 149 very doubtable.

Sealed up they are very hard to get loud... I've seen multiple single/extended cab trucks pick up 2-4 dbs just by opening up a door.

Apparently video proof of a run isn't good enough anymore... A single 15" woofer, that is more SPL oriented with 3.5+ times rated power, w/ a door or window open(can't tell in video), in a very small cabin area, and more than likely in a higher tuned enclosure is very capable of doing those numbers.

I bet you would call BS on pretty much all of TommyKs numbers had he not been in the CA world for a decent amount of time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.