Would you trust a refurished amp? Poll

Would you trust a refurbished amp?

• Total voters

scheibler
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just wondering if anyone would trust buying a refurbished amp. Only reason I ask is b/c I am shopping for an amp right now. Found a refurbished Rockford Fosgate Punch for a good price and I'm sure a bunch of other brands as well. I'm skeptical trusting an amp thats already had problems

Id be skeptical. There are alot of people out there that have absolutely no clue how to solder properly and it will cause issues later down the road. Id ask to see gut shots and ask who repaired it and for a receipt as proof.

Gotta be the right person doing the work but factory refurbs should be good all day long. For the most part there is only a limited number of things that usually go wrong with amplifiers. Once they are repaired properly they are almost always back to original spec.

ive uised factory refurbs and never noticed a difference. I have a rockford power 200.2 refurb sittin under the bed right now

Gotta be the right person doing the work but factory refurbs should be good all day long. For the most part there is only a limited number of things that usually go wrong with amplifiers. Once they are repaired properly they are almost always back to original spec.
this. the key word is refurbished. i believe most manufacturers are more stringent on testing refurbs, than new. i have run referbs, and factory repair&return, basically the same. if it's a cheezy no-name, then i would shy away, though. those might just be bare minimum repair. i bought a referb jdl606, which was a decent amp.... until the power supply fets blew, and blew again. albeit, this was 12 years ago, it just goes to show that a no-name was not really repaired

depends if the company did it, or a shop/individual.

say a rockford amp refurbed by rockford, yes easily i would buy it.

or a sundown refurbed by jacob, yes.

anyone on a forum, no.

a local shop fixed it, no.

I had a factory refurbed Viper 1100.5 that was bad out of the box, one channel was distorted... took a local shop here about 3 months to fix it because it was something really weird(a capacitor varied its value after warming up so it went unnoticed for a long time).

It goes both ways but a factory refurb is pretty trustworthy along with good repair jobs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...