Moofs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Would you?

This pawn shop by my house is selling a:

Alpine CDE-9881 for 60$

and a

Pioneer DEH-3200UB for 80$

Both seem decent condition and both are 40 or more less than I can find online.

Would you buy used, and if so, which one would u pick?

(btw for 8$ i get a 6 month store credit warranty and a 24 hour return for cash back)

I would go with the alpine, overall better quality. Pioneers are notorious for some sound issues as well. And if it doesn't work out you could sell either one on here

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the pioneer apparently the alpine has a problem with the CD player according to some crutch field reviews but if I get the ipod adaptor then who cares.

btw, does a wiring harness brand matter? I was just gonna go to walmart and get an adaptor. prob from scosche.

anyone else on either HU?

I would go with the alpine, overall better quality. Pioneers are notorious for some sound issues as well. And if it doesn't work out you could sell either one on here
more like notorious for having bad owners. I love my used old school great. and hell yes I would by another old school used greatness....

old school pioneer ftmfw

more like notorious for having bad owners. I love my used old school great. and hell yes I would by another old school used greatness....
old school pioneer ftmfw
not familiar with pioneers, didnt realize that HU was an older one.

The alpine seems pretty mint, pioneer has some scratches.

the alpine unit has been discontinues but the pioneer is still being sold new.

depending on what everyone else says I'm prob gonna go get the alpine in an hour so, if u have a response please post soon.

just bought the alpine. cost be 54$ can't complain about that!

he turned it on and showed me it at least can take and eject CDs etc.

other than a wiring harness what do I need. I'm not sure if it's got the antenna adapter already installed.

I'm gonna hit up walmart for that stuff tonight.

almost all of my HU's have been used. i have champagne taste but a box wine budget.

and by choosing the right head units, you can usually sell them for the same or a bit more than you paid... assuming they are high end units you find deals on.

otherwise, look at salvage yards. a neighbor just pulled a Pioneer AVIC-D3 out of a wrecked Lexus, yard wanted only $20 for it! yea, i had the same look on my face.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.