would this affect me in any way?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SuckMikeHawk23
10+ year member

#1 Laker Hater
i just hooked up my alpine amp today for my rear speakers, and it sounds like crap. it sounded way better off the head unit with higher treble and a cleaner sound. i've been playing with the thing all day trying to hook up my tweeter to it, but it gets little sound straight into the amp and no sound if i use the crossover. anyways, now i want to hook my rears back to my deck, and dont want to go thru the hassle of unplugging my amp again, cuz i kno eventually i'll use it, i'd say within 6 months or so. anyways, could i do this and not risk anything? should i just unplug the power and ground wires and put black tape around them? can i keep the power wire up front connected to my distributor block, or do i need to disconnect it there as well? as of now, i'm planning on just leaving it, but if it's gonna blow up my car or something, i'll have second thoughts. also, any comments on why my system sounds so booty when i hooked it up to my amp? check out my setup below and tell me what you think i should do.

Remove the fuse from the main power cable near the battery. You may even want to remove the front piece of power cable running from the battery to the inline fuse. If the main power cable happens to ground out on something your battery will wear down to 0 and the diodes in your alternator will be fried before you would ever discover the problem. It happened to me. I taped the power cable in the trunk but somehow came off when I jam packed my trunk with boxes. Two days later new battery and alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SuckMikeHawk23

10+ year member
#1 Laker Hater
SuckMikeHawk23
626 California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date