Would anyone in the CHI come to a meet?

Hell I know how to grill for the most part lol.. but dont put that on me.. Im down for anywhere.. Dekalb is an easy drive for me, and easy as hell to find for anyone being right off the interstate..

We should raid the dekalb oasis with our line of cars and show them how its done..

ok it seems as thought dekalb is an area that alot of people can agree on so no we need to narrow it down

Now everyone is going to have there opinon of where it should be of they will wnat it close to them

that is why i am suggesting that we just pick dekalb or somewhere near huntley or where we are more secluded the only down side to dekalb is that it is a college town the police are a little more enforceful so will will have to contact them

ok it seems as thought dekalb is an area that alot of people can agree on so no we need to narrow it down
Now everyone is going to have there opinon of where it should be of they will wnat it close to them

that is why i am suggesting that we just pick dekalb or somewhere near huntley or where we are more secluded the only down side to dekalb is that it is a college town the police are a little more enforceful so will will have to contact them
The place I linked to above has been investigated further. The local police department was contacted and said that we shouldn't have any problems unless people start complaining, which based on the location isn't very likely.

We tried calling the park district but the line was busy.

Honestly, that place is the best I've seen so far besides busse woods near schaumburg, but I heard the cops/people there can be real dicks about stuff like this. It's best that we really go to some place out in the boonies.

The place I linked to above has been investigated further. The local police department was contacted and said that we shouldn't have any problems unless people start complaining, which based on the location isn't very likely.
We tried calling the park district but the line was busy.

Honestly, that place is the best I've seen so far besides busse woods near schaumburg, but I heard the cops/people there can be real dicks about stuff like this. It's best that we really go to some place out in the boonies.

Hey tommy

it sound like that is the place to be then It near Aurora correct

we should move on to figureing out a date and time

two weeks or so sould give everyone enough time are we thinking a Sat. or Sun. i know a Sat. would be great for me maybe the 6th. I know I will be busy on the 7th ist the wheelie contest at Byron Dragway always a big event and cool to see so I'll be there

or the folowing weekend (13th or 14th)

I looked up the place mentioned above out in sugar creek. It's a big ass parking lot with a pavillion in literally the middle of nowhere.
Here's the google maps image. Looks like d*mn near a perfect spot, though it's a bit of a drive for anyone coming from indiana. Probably about an hour and a half or so, which isn't too bad.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=41.784801,-88.486955&spn=0.004824,0.011759&t=k&z=17&om=1

One of the potential people coming to the meet is also good friends with the people that live in the house that the closest to the parking lot (which isn't that close at all), which is a bonus. Another bonus is that it's right next to a municipal airport so noise shouldn't be a problem either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Its actually in a town called Sugar Grove. The last event at the park until Easter is on September 29th. After that it is all open. No need for a permit or anything. I just have to call the woman in charge of the park district to let her know when we'll be out, so they aren't mowing or disturbing our event (country courtesy). The cops are cool with it too as long as we get no complaints. We just need to set a date.

so its looking like the 20th or 21st

Tommy and Tonyguy this work for you

should we just set it as the date or wait to hear from more people

I say we just set the date for that weekend, its over three weeks away that should be plenty of time for everyone to plan for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.