worth the upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradl79
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NLR
I have pair of midbass Exodus Anarchy 8 ohm (bridged at 4 Ohm in series) or upgrade to pair of CDT M6+ 4 ohm. Would it be worth it or should I stay with what I have. Freq range will be 80Hz - 600Hz and installed in doors and doors are deadened with 80mil

M6+ is designed for small sealed or ported enclosures, which your door is neither. I would do more work to treat the doors. "80 mil" deadener is only addressing one of several obstacles to getting good bass from a door.

Ok I have deadened front & back of the panels and the inside if that is any help and I also have baffles on the speakers too. So I assume the M6s will be the same as the M6+. Better for a sealed enclosure.

Since i am still learning to get the best quality out of speakers. With the anarchy i have them in the rear doors should ido anything else with them?.

Ok I have deadened front & back of the panels and the inside if that is any help and I also have baffles on the speakers too. So I assume the M6s will be the same as the M6+. Better for a sealed enclosure.
No, M6 is suitable for use in a door like most other car speakers. You can put M6 in a small sealed or ported enclosure, but it's not as important as with M6+. That little + sign means more than the differences between HD-6 and HD-M6 as far as suitable enclosures. Think of HD-M6 like a midbass woofer, and M6+ as a small box subwoofer.

I would keep the anarchy mids. Perhaps they need more power, doors need more treatment and also play them down lower as they will dig deeper then 80Hz...

how low should i go with them? i don't know what else i could do with my doors though, i have deadener all over my doors and inside the panels too.

Front Left, back is the same

20130927_150947.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.