Worth the Trouble?

Yea, good luck with getting any future help. Maybe if you did not act like a P R I C K then you would get the help you so desire. I am sure I could help you out but after the first page I'm gonna pass I will go help someone who will appreciate my exp and suggestions.

hey bud call me ill help u out 646 529 2922

So I have been using undersized wire in my vehicle for a few years. I got lazy when I got a new car and had an in-store credit from Best Buy so I allowed them to install my wires. Big Mistake.
I'm running an Audiobahn A8000T (RMS: 800w x 1 @ 2 ohms, 400w x 1 @ 4 ohms) running a 2 ohm load. So the Best Buy "professional" decided to run 8 gauge for the whole thing despite the fact I asked for 4 gauge. I haven't had any problems really (noticeable) but I know this eventually needs to be addressed. The problem is I don't want to run 4 gauge from my battery to the trunk because I want to upgrade to an SAZ-1500d. The amp I currently use can't accept 0 gauge, and I don't want to buy 4 gauge and run it for only a temporary setup; so I'm kinda stuck with the 8 gauge from battery to trunk for now.

However, I have about 12-15 of my old Rockford Fosgate 4 gauge sitting around. It is not long enough to run from my battery to the trunk, however, there is plenty to replace all the other 8 gauge wiring.

Quick overview:

Amp: 800w x 1 @ 2 ohms

8 gauge wires:

A. battery ---> capacitor

B. capacitor ---> amp

C. capacitor ---> ground

D. amp ----> ground

Would there be any advantage to replacing B, C, and D with 4 gauge or is it irrelevant since the main power wire (A) is 8 gauge?

I'm going to be doing a lot of work on my electrical this fall as I slowly prepare for an upgrade. However, having this 4 gauge sitting around I'd be happy to put it to use if there is anything to be gained.

As always, mad respect Car Audio Wizards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.