Worth the Trouble?

MakeItGoBANG
10+ year member

USA
So I have been using undersized wire in my vehicle for a few years. I got lazy when I got a new car and had an in-store credit from Best Buy so I allowed them to install my wires. Big Mistake.

I'm running an Audiobahn A8000T (RMS: 800w x 1 @ 2 ohms, 400w x 1 @ 4 ohms) running a 2 ohm load. So the Best Buy "professional" decided to run 8 gauge for the whole thing despite the fact I asked for 4 gauge. I haven't had any problems really (noticeable) but I know this eventually needs to be addressed. The problem is I don't want to run 4 gauge from my battery to the trunk because I want to upgrade to an SAZ-1500d. The amp I currently use can't accept 0 gauge, and I don't want to buy 4 gauge and run it for only a temporary setup; so I'm kinda stuck with the 8 gauge from battery to trunk for now.

However, I have about 12-15 of my old Rockford Fosgate 4 gauge sitting around. It is not long enough to run from my battery to the trunk, however, there is plenty to replace all the other 8 gauge wiring.

Quick overview:

Amp: 800w x 1 @ 2 ohms

8 gauge wires:

A. battery ---> capacitor

B. capacitor ---> amp

C. capacitor ---> ground

D. amp ----> ground

Would there be any advantage to replacing B, C, and D with 4 gauge or is it irrelevant since the main power wire (A) is 8 gauge?

I'm going to be doing a lot of work on my electrical this fall as I slowly prepare for an upgrade. However, having this 4 gauge sitting around I'd be happy to put it to use if there is anything to be gained.

As always, mad respect Car Audio Wizards.

get rid of that cap also, they are pretty much worthless in most audio set ups
What do you mean by most cases? I deff dont use caps anymore, (I once did). But I am curious when they would be worth to use.

BTW, your Sig Vid is incredible, remembering seeing it a while back on youtube.

What do you mean by most cases? I deff dont use caps anymore, (I once did). But I am curious when they would be worth to use.
BTW, your Sig Vid is incredible, remembering seeing it a while back on youtube.
If you have a noise issue they can be used to filter out that unwanted noise. Aside from that they are useless 99% of the time.

^^^this.... the main reason I say "most" is cuz there is always at least one dude on here who wants to prove how much he knows, and would attack someone saying that they are never useful, lol... but yes, unless you know enough about installs to understand the reasons why it will work as a noise canceller, then its just best not to use it, u kno

Sorry you dont like caps but i wont be getting rid of it. It would be nice if you would address the actual question instead of making yet another thread all about you and your personal opinion of specific audio equipment. If you have nothing to say about the wires this isnt the thread for you. If i ever make a thread about caps i surely hope you post. If you need an outlet now you might find some cap comments to address in my "Completely Overwhelmed" thread. However, you'll clearly notice I didnt ask for an opinion on the cap (as I'm well aware of your thoughts on them) so if all if you have to say is "caps **** derp derp" then find somethig else to do. Kthxbai.

Sorry you dont like caps but i wont be getting rid of it. It would be nice if you would address the actual question instead of making yet another thread all about you and your personal opinion of specific audio equipment. If you have nothing to say about the wires this isnt the thread for you. If i ever make a thread about caps i surely hope you post. If you need an outlet now you might find some cap comments to address in my "Completely Overwhelmed" thread. However, you'll clearly notice I didnt ask for an opinion on the cap (as I'm well aware of your thoughts on them) so if all if you have to say is "caps **** derp derp" then find somethig else to do. Kthxbai.
ok, first... we're just trying to help. please dont get attitude with someone trying to help you, as you will quickly lose any help that you would have recieved on this site.

second... good luck... there really isnt reason to post a nasty thread, as nothing nasty, nor degrading was said to you... you really wont last long on this forum, with that attitude, just FYI

Actually I was quite polite and have been quite polite towards anything HELPFUL I have been given on this site during my short time here.

If you are trying to help, addressing the actual topic would be the way to do so. Again, if you have nothing to add on the wire subject, this isn't the thread for you.

I beg your forgiveness oh holy god of all things car audio and forum-related.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.