Worth it? Front stage update...

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
Well, i have slowly been moving towards SQ and i have Alpine premium speakers in my car, im not sure on the model, they are old ~ 1997.. They are being powered by the deck and they sound actually pretty good, no bass from them since they are full range speakers, but they are clear and get loud.

I was considering getting the Boston Acoustics SL65's for just the front stage, would i see an improvement in quality with just powering them from the deck over the alpines?

Or is it just not worth it?

i think you'd hear better results just getting a nice amp to power your alpines rather than getting new speakers to be powered by your deck

Well, i have slowly been moving towards SQ and i have Alpine premium speakers in my car, im not sure on the model, they are old ~ 1997.. They are being powered by the deck and they sound actually pretty good, no bass from them since they are full range speakers, but they are clear and get loud.
I was considering getting the Boston Acoustics SL65's for just the front stage, would i see an improvement in quality with just powering them from the deck over the alpines?

Or is it just not worth it?

Maybe a tiny wee bit of improvement. But as others have said. Giving your current speakers more power from an external amplifier will make a bigger improvement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I had a pair of s60's off deck power for a while. They sounded good but never got loud.

I hooked them up to about 100w in my HT just to see. And they sounded awesome. At least given the circumstances.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.