woofersetc.com??? anyone bought from them??

Usually it's not an issue of buying online vs. offline, it depends if that retailer is authorized by the manufacturer. If they are an authorized retailer, you will get a full warranty, otherwise, no. Generally if they are authorized they will say so, and the price will be a bit higher. I have bought equipment from eBay before, and so far, have been okay.
Or some will lie and say they are authorized when they aren't, like TheZeb used to do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I know JL doesn't honor the warranty from any online purchases... not sure about who else does the same. Arc, but they're not sold at Woofersetc.

only bad experience i had with them was i bought a CDT Component set, paid via Visa, accepted payment, i got the comps. Then about 6 months later they start calling me saying that i never paid, it was credit card fraud, etc, etc etc, all kinds of ********. i had to pay them back. if i didnt pay, why would they send the comps. and why wait 6 months to do something about it?

only bad experience i had with them was i bought a CDT Component set, paid via Visa, accepted payment, i got the comps. Then about 6 months later they start calling me saying that i never paid, it was credit card fraud, etc, etc etc, all kinds of ********. i had to pay them back. if i didnt pay, why would they send the comps. and why wait 6 months to do something about it?
Wait wait... WHAT?

So you ended up paying for the item TWICE? I'd have certainly not done that... should have been easy enough to get your credit card company to give you proof of the payment. If you bent over for that ****, then I'd say there's either more to this story, or you should never leave your home again... you might choke on all those nitrogen pollutants in the air!

Or some will lie and say they are authorized when they aren't, like TheZeb used to do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I know JL doesn't honor the warranty from any online purchases... not sure about who else does the same. Arc, but they're not sold at Woofersetc.
Crutchfield is now the only authorized JL dealer. It's on JL's page too. I would never buy form Crutchfield though. They have the JL stuff way, way over priced on there. Much better deal from my brick and mortar car audio dealer.

i guess i can try something small and see how they are to work with.. i just want to make sure i get what i'm buying.. i've seen a few ads on other sites where what they have on the picture is correct but the specs are all wrong??

Nice to hear the overall feedback from them. Was planning on going through them to get ID subs in the future since there isn't a dealer near me.

That and they get some pretty good older stuff in the open box section (like the PPI PC2150 they got for $259 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif )

actually i found the pricing was pretty reasonable considering at dealer their mark up so high that they offer you deals and still end up costing you more than the price that woofers has even after shipping costs?? be nice to the actual cost for alot of this stuff.. considering i recently found out a company can build a decent tweeter for like a buck or two then turn around and sell it for $90 plus!? it's crazy!!

Fast Shipping, excelent customer service, I ordered an Infinity 7451a amp, they didn't have it in stock, they gave me the JBL version for the same price, and a free roll of dynamat

I ordered a set of CDT comps from them last year. The order was shipped fast, everything was good. I'd buy from them again.

I ordered my CDTs from them too. They didn't have the 610s in stock so they gave me the 620 for $350 instead of $500. That was before I found this site though. Apparently Exige could have gotten me a better deal. Oh well. Nice people to me. Fast shipping as well. Only thing bad I've heard about them concerns the Zapco amps. Supposedly they were selling "hot" amps. I think there is info about it on Zapco's website. I plan on buying my stuff from dealers on here from now on though, to be honest. Seems like they can get you the best deals...

ordered a pair of comp vrs from them a few months ago, fast shipping, great price, they called to confirm my order and then shipped immediately. Fairly decent packaging too. I would order from then again as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.