Woofer just died?

MiniflexAlex
10+ year member

Leon, MX
I drove to work this morning, the music was playing in the background at a very low volume.

Out of the blue I heared a scratching noise coming from the back where my subs are.

I turned off the radio right away......

After work I will check into it and see whats up, any ideas in advance from your side?

I have two DC audio lvl4 with lvl5 soft parts (12 inch) in a ported box playing on a American Bass VFL 175.1

As said before, the volume was VERY low, the music was just playing in the background and I was not pounding the system.

I have this system running now for over two month without any issues, I'm kinda lost right now.....

check your ground connection and all other wires first as well as make sure the amp gets power. If you smell inside the box and it stinks like friend electronics, you know the subs went.

have you checked the coils?
not yet, I'm at work right now. I will pull them out of the box tonight and check the coils.

check your ground connection and all other wires first as well as make sure the amp gets power. If you smell inside the box and it stinks like friend electronics, you know the subs went.
I will check the wiring tonight, I could not smell anything, neither from the box nor from the amp.

alright, back from lunch.

i tried to push the cone in to see if i could hear any noise, one of them did nlt move at all, so i took it out of the box....check this out....wtf....can it bee that the basket just breaks like that?

the woofers are two month old and i never pushed them to the limits, i had the mounted in a custom enclosure and made sure i tighten the screws equally across the woofer.

my car has the stock suspension, no bone hard shocks....

anyone experienced the same issue with DC woofers?

pView attachment 26534899

alright, back from lunch.i tried to push the cone in to see if i could hear any noise, one of them did nlt move at all, so i took it out of the box....check this out....wtf....can it bee that the basket just breaks like that?

the woofers are two month old and i never pushed them to the limits, i had the mounted in a custom enclosure and made sure i tighten the screws equally across the woofer.

my car has the stock suspension, no bone hard shocks....

anyone experienced the same issue with DC woofers?

pView attachment 26534899
whoa...

The good news is your coils look good! sorry for your luck man I would be looking into the warranty on those for sure!
thanks man, I will contact the distr. I bought them from, I hope they work with me on that one.

The coils are like a new girlfriend, I hardly pushed them at all....well, no idea if they have some scuff marks from rubbing against the magnet due to the broken basket.

Time for some new subs!
I'd like to stay with DC Audio as I truly like the sound of them, they play very nice in small ported enclosures and thats what I need. I just try to get a new one and call it the day.

Anyone else had a broken basket on these DC woofers?

Christ it looks like the basket is made of shitty pot metal. I have been hearing a lot of DC owners complaining about their subs failing lately.

If it was me, I wouldn't want to use their products again. That problem is due to shitty parts being used to begin with, so there's a chance of that happening again if you go back to them.

Christ it looks like the basket is made of shitty pot metal. I have been hearing a lot of DC owners complaining about their subs failing lately.
If it was me, I wouldn't want to use their products again. That problem is due to shitty parts being used to begin with, so there's a chance of that happening again if you go back to them.
I was searching the forum for other threads about broken baskets on DC woofers and I did not find another one, so for me it looks like an isolated issue.....I'm sure these baskets are made somewhere in asia and the quality controll won't match the US standarts....I'm sure they send out every once in a while a basket with some cast cracks or some other flaw....but that would happen to pretty much all other brands as well, I'm not badmouthing DC Audio at all, thats not the intention of this thread.

As said before, I would like to stick to DC audio because I like the product and the broken basket seem to be an isolated issue and not a common sight....**** happens, unfortunately this time it happened to me.

I contacted the seller I bought them from and he is now in touch with DC Audio to find a resolution for the issue. I'll keep you updated.

the basket had to have fractures before built and nobody saw it, it can happen. i would deff go on warrenty. if for some chance they dont warrenty my services are always there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You should not have a single question asked as far as warranty replacement....and pls let us know if you do..

I'll keep you updated.

the basket had to have fractures before built and nobody saw it, it can happen. i would deff go on warrenty. if for some chance they dont warrenty my services are always there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That could very well be, I thought the same thing.

I hope I dont need your service and get the woofer replaced on warranty, but thanks for your help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.