Wood Answer Now!!!

if this is for SPL and you're worried about flexing, do 1 piece of MDF, 2 inches of concrete, then 1 inch of mdf on the outside, like sandwich some concrete, you can get 48x48 pieces of lead in there too, you can buy those at a roofing supply store.

what is this project for?

the ultimate wooferbox is made of 9 inch thick lead so they say.. but for cars, concrete with lead sheets is as good as you can get

this is a daily driver in that i might take it back and forth a couple miles every now and again but i have an 03 explorer too. o yea, this is in a ford taurus. Why you ask, cause i didnt wanna get another vehicle! Its gunna be 4 04' series L7 15's and 4 ma audio hk1998's. Why this equipment you ask. CAUSE ITS CHEAP! Thnx for advise you guys, pics tomorrow

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.....BUT....couldnt you just get 1" MDF, get a bunch of sheet metal, throw dynamat on the sheet metal and then sandwhich that in between the 2 pieces of 1" MDF, so it wont resonate.?

How on EARTH are you going to fit 4 15s in a Ford Taurus? I have the older version with the larger trunk, and I have trouble fitting 2 15s in there. Hell, I have trouble fitting two 12s in there if I made good enclosures for them. =p

JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE.....BUT....couldnt you just get 1" MDF, get a bunch of sheet metal, throw dynamat on the sheet metal and then sandwhich that in between the 2 pieces of 1" MDF, so it wont resonate.?

^^^sounds uber expensive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.