wonderful people at wal-mart

kkpsiguy
10+ year member

I work at a Wal-Mart in Oklahoma, and tonight at work, I got a good laugh. The guys out in the shop were talking about their systems in their trucks. I'm not one to bash other companies espicially until i've heard what they can do. But anyways, one of the guys that works the desk in automotive came up there tonight with the new box one of the other guys built for him. It looked to be about 8 inches or so deep, tall enough for a 12" sub and about 2 more inches on the top and bottom of the sub, and the width of a ford explorer, and sealed. it looked like an oldschool kicker cvr and I dunno what kinda amp he had, but he claimed it was a 1200 watt amp. But what got me was that he said he had a cap hooked up. He said it only comes on when the engine and everything is off, that it was the only time anything showed up on it. I asked him why he had it and he said so his voltage doesnt drop and dont pull on his alternator. I dunno.....whenever i try to say anything even related to car audio...its like I dunno what I'm talking about and I'm the stupid one out there. I'm half tempted to print off that bcae website for them to read. I've been a member of this site for a lil while and ive learned quite a bit from all of ya'll. I want to share what I've learned, but they knock it back in my face, saying that companies that I talk about like IA, Fi, ED, stetsom, genisis, seas, SSA, sundown, and such are just "some internet company that will never make it and wont last long". I cant wait till I get the money saved up for the new death penalty and show them what can beat rf and give kicker and DD a run for their money. One guy in the shop thinks that the DD3500 is the best out and nothing can beat it, and another thinks the same think about the RD T1 series.

Sorry about the ranting and raving, but i thought i might share it, and maybe someone close to Tahlequah could come up and enlighten these guys over here.

Welcome to car audio, lol. I personally never bash anyone on their system, we all start somewhere and none of us know everything.

ya know...they are like an old person set in their ways, like...they are afraid of something new. I want to be like ya'll, and share what i know, granted it isnt much at this point, but what i do know, to help others. But they wont listen. That is what makes me mad. I just transferred over here from another store, and its like because I'm new, they wont listen to me. They are like "oh...thats just some internet seller, they are a nobody". I wish I was as knowledgable as some of ya'll are, but I know that will come with time. One guy up there is wanting to get a system in his truck, and he is starting to listen to me and realizing what I'm saying is making sense.

when you get all ur stuff and install it and it sounds 100times better than theirs that will be vindication enough... at the end of the day youll save some cash and sound better than them...

when guys i know brag about their jl 10's they spent 1000 dollars for and i play my ID 10's i paid 250 for.....they get pretty pissed. lol

i tend to stay away from conversations where im tempted to prove someone wrong about audio. in the real world, EVERYBODY is a professional installer, or has the best stereo. its pointless to even try and tell somebody whats really going on. peopel are to stubborn to listren

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kkpsiguy

10+ year member
kkpsiguy
Tahlequah
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from