wiring woes

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wils91
10+ year member

ok so this has me stumped...my friend decided he wanted to put some subs in his car, so we got a wiring kit, and i got to work....once i got the power and ground wires, remote and rcas ran we hooked up the amp then went to connect the neg. battery terminal and sparks started flying from the termina //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif l, i then disconnected the battery, hooked up the neg. first, then the pos. and the fuses on the amp blew. i thought maybe the ground, but its fine...i tried everything i could think of and i'm pretty sure i fried the amp because it was smoking from the level inputs. i'm not a newb i swear but this is killin me.

this is his first system and i had an older a jensen 4 channel(i know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif ) we were gonna use so it didnt matter if like the amp blew up or anything.... but i dont want him to buy a bunch of stuff just for this to happen to it too

am i missing something because i am all out of ideas? please help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.