Wiring question...

Participant count
  • Participant list
HELP! I'm in the middle of this now and only have today free to work on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Hey guys, I've never been good at the whole empedence thing, so this is what I'm working with.
Headunit:

Waterproof Marine Stereo for iPhone, iPod, MP3 & FM Radio

Speakers:

MARINE Speakers - M282 - Rockford Fosgate®

How do I need to wire these things? 2ohm? Can anyone point me to a diagram? Thanks in advance!

This is going on a polaris rzr by the way.
Being that these are 4 ohm full range speakers you can only effectively wire them at 4 ohms stereo unless you have 2 sets of them, then you could wire them @ 2 ohm stereo - ie: 2 together for a 2 ohms load, and the other two together for another 2 ohm load, But your source unit does not have enough power to push 2 sets anyway so it would be a waste... Just wire them up 4 ohm stereo = Right ch (+ pos to + pos / - neg to - neg), & Left ch. (+ pos to + pos / - neg to - neg) Now if you make sure your source unit's bal & fade controls are both set to 0 / center, you can TRY to bridge the output from it's 4 ch to 2 ch for more power... In other words, take the front and rear right outputs and wire those together to your right speaker (+ pos to + pos / - neg to - neg), and then take the left front and left rear outputs and wire those together to your left speaker (+ pos to + pos / - neg to - neg) - As I said, you can TRY this as I do not know if it will work or not, but if it does work and you are only running 1 set of those speakers from it, it would make a difference as those are 100w rms speakers so you can use all the extra power you can get from your source //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

As far as a diagram the 12volt.om is a great site with a ton of tools for your use. Of course generrally car audio is fairly simple in impedance parallel wiring your impedance is reduced by half ex. 4 ohm + 4ohm= 2 ohm imped.

series 4 ohm+ 4ohm+ 8 ohm. however that method ONLY works with all impedances being the same. so if you have 4 ohm +2 ohm it has formal equation I learned in Apprenticeship but all you need to do is find correct formula on sight plug in numbers hit = and you will be in business.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.