Wiring LED lights to flash to your subwoofer. How i did it and how to improve

Okay, I picked up some 6" red led strips for the hell of it and I got bored and decided to try and wire it to my subs. So I got a switch and did a ground wire to the body and a hot wire to the positive ob my amp. Hooked the positives for the leds to the switch and hooked the negatives to the negative on the amp. Worked perfect. Except for one crucial issue. I can turn the lights off When I don't want to have the lights constantly flashing in my face but when I start to put a lot of power to the sub I tend to cook the led strips. How could I fix that issue? Without doing a microphone setup (laggy). Could you just throw a resistor in the wiring or do you think that resistor would fry/ not make a difference..?

Okay, I picked up some 6" red led strips for the hell of it and I got bored and decided to try and wire it to my subs. So I got a switch and did a ground wire to the body and a hot wire to the positive ob my amp. Hooked the positives for the leds to the switch and hooked the negatives to the negative on the amp. Worked perfect. Except for one crucial issue. I can turn the lights off When I don't want to have the lights constantly flashing in my face but when I start to put a lot of power to the sub I tend to cook the led strips. How could I fix that issue? Without doing a microphone setup (laggy). Could you just throw a resistor in the wiring or do you think that resistor would fry/ not make a difference..?
Transistor. Use a transistor before you blow them. Going to need one that can handle up to about 50v@ maybe 10-20A depending on what you're running to your woofers.

I know the single colors consume 2 volts constant so you are pulling 2volts out of the current whichever side it is u pull it from (input/output) I suggest output side as it won't affect ur gain settings hardly at all

And does it matter what ohm they are in relation to what your amp sees, they have a crazy high resistance, can't remember for sure and prolly wrong on this number but think its like 20k, does that affect what the amp sees?

you can just buy rgb lights with a wireless remote and control the pulse and all that good stuff and not have to worry about your amp burning them I bought ones from ledglow and had them put in my box when I had that being mad and I ran them to my second battery and I control all the lights from one remote diff colors pulsing and fading through the colors with different speeds and such actually really cool effect

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.