wiring info for a sub and an amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jadeinc

Hi, I have a power acoustik demon D4-1800 amp and a Rockford P2D4-8 sub

I bought the sub wired in the box at dual 2 ohms.

Could u use that sub on my amp without wiring over the sub or the amp?

The amp is bidged , 4ohms at 380rms. If I do have to wire over it, let me know how to do it please, thanks.

Links for sub and amp below:

http://poweracoustik.com/store/products/amplifiers/demon/d4-1800.html

Your sub will not wire into 4 ohms. The way its wired now will fry you amp on a 2 ohm load bridged to that amp. With this set up your best bet is to use only one channel of the amp and get the 190 watts. I would advise to look into a mono block that does about 300w @ 2 ohms and keep the gains low

Here is an amp that will pair nicely with your sub

Rockford Fosgate R250X1 250W Mono Class AB Prime Amplifier

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you. one thing i want to clarify, if I run the amp at 190rms by 4 channels, would all the speakers that are connecting to each channel have to be 2 ohms impedance?

I use two pioneer 6x9 speakers and i want to use the P2 sub also on the same amp.

let me know, Thank you

yes to get the amp to 190rms by 4 channels you need to have 2ohm speakers.

the only way to run this setup on this amp is

the subwoofer at 2 ohms on channel 1, and your 6x9s on channel 3&4. don't connect anything to channel 2.

you CAN NOT use this sub with this amp if bridged.

yes to get the amp to 190rms by 4 channels you need to have 2ohm speakers.
the only way to run this setup on this amp is

the subwoofer at 2 ohms on channel 1, and your 6x9s on channel 3&4. don't connect anything to channel 2.

you CAN NOT use this sub with this amp if bridged.
what if, i connect the 6x9 on channel 1 & 2 and the sub on Channel 3?

would that work?

Oh, the 2 6x9 are 4 ohms also

i tried the P2 on channel 3 but it's not playing as loud as a Pioneer sub when bridged on the same amp.

I went on the wire the sub at 8ohms and tried it on the same amp, it played but i'm not satisfied with the results.

I'm getting a used DS18 1200.1 Mono-block to buy, I may buy it and keep the gains low, hopefully that should really work that P2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.