wiring helpppppppp

Why do you want to add an extra battery? Adding an extra battery will do nothing for your car's electrical seeing as how the alternator runs the car, the battery just starts the car. Adding an extra battery will only help increase ample current and stabilze voltage when the car is not running. So unless you want to spend a lot of money to listen to your system with the car turned off, I wouldn't do it.

i want to add another battery because i dont want to buy another alt. or am i better of buyin an alt instead of a extra batt

so this is what i basicly have

a 500 watt for my highs and mids and i plan on getting a 3k watt for my subs so i think i need another battery because i heard caps are useless

i want to add another battery because i dont want to buy another alt. or am i better of buyin an alt instead of a extra battso this is what i basicly have

a 500 watt for my highs and mids and i plan on getting a 3k watt for my subs so i think i need another battery because i heard caps are useless
If you're trying to get rid of the dimming highlights issue, caps are nearly useless. I'll have words with anyone who says they're completely useless though. Physics wins, hands down.

If you do it you should run BOTH batteries to a battery isolator (about 20-40 bucks). The lead from your alternator goes to the isolator, and then it ONLY charges the battery that needs a charge.

If you don't use an isolator then make sure that your batt.s are the same type , age, and size, and share the same load (and wiring runs if in different locations), otherwise you will be overcharging one (which is bad) and reducing the current to the other(which is bad), and making your alternator work twice as hard (which is really bad).

Explain please. And if you can prove it matematically, because I can prove my arguement mathematically.
Hmm.. I have to play Devil's Advocate.

Battery A puts out 12 VDC at 50 amps.

Battery B puts out 12 VDC at 50 amps.

Wired in parallel, Batteries A+B put out 12 VDC at 100 amps.

How is this not advantageous? A larger amount of available amperage increases performance.

I'm dealing with a similar issue/question at the moment with a less powerful system, I'm going with a spare batt. (probably add it later because of my budget, this is a multi phase project).

For me the choice came down to the fact that I like to kick it for long periods with the car turned off and the music blasting.

With an isolator, as stated, only the Aux. battery to your amplifier is pushing current (and maybe a small amount to your head unit if it is wired to your starting battery).

This way you can blast to your hearts content and then start up your car with no worries hours later.

ok so basicly my set up max watt would be around 4k kuz in the future ima upgrade so what should i do the ho alt or run a second bat in the trunk? im going to be doing the big 3 in 0 gauge soon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.