Wiring Help !!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

pioneer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hi guys....i currently have a ppi 2120 and i am running an 8 gauge cable from my battery for it....i plan to add an orion cs 150.2 for a sub

the guy in the shop recommended that since i already have an 8 gauge i should jus add another 8 gauge for the orion amp instead of running a 4 gauge and splittin...he said it will save some money

should i do this or should i get the 4 gauge and get a dist block etc ?

thanks alot

Option number two is the correct way to do it. What the guy at the shop neglected to mention is that running two separate power wires can also lead to an electrical loop. Meaning that there is now another wire that current can flow in the opposite direction should there ever be a voltage irregularity. This also makes another entry point for noise into the system, which is also undesirable. The fewer connections as possible at the battery- the better. Using the 4 AWG will also be in the best interest for future system expansion.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.