Wiring harness 2012 Challenger

Participant count
  • Participant list

dart_man440
10+ year member

Ok, please bear with me, I got a question and I have not been able to find an answer.

I will be installing a couple of amps and speakers in my challenger using the existing HU. I don't want to cut wires and want to keep the harness intact. What I want to do is get a harness adapter to the radio and a reverse harness adapter to the main harness. In other words, an extension per se, only that the speaker leads will not be connected and instead I will be running them straight to a JL Cleansweep.

I have not been able to find a harness adapter, I called Crutchfield and they recommended tapping the harness at the radio and Best Buy had no idea and they referred me to Autozone (What ever). Anyone run into this issue? A search led me to the Metra 71-6522 which plugs into the OEM HU and it looks like it will work, how ever, I can't find the the mirror harness that plugs into the main harness. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

dart.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.