Wiring Diamond S600a @ 2ohm?

drzenitram
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wichita
This is probably another stupid question, but would it be possible if I purchased Diamond S600a components that I'd be able to wire them at 2ohms for 150x2 on my nine.2 amplifier?

And, if so, how would I go about doing it on the crossover etc?

Dang. Can't bridge them into paralell or anything huh? No special tricks with the wiring?

Well, the speakers are 150rms/300peak, how would 100wx2 treat them? ;-x

As long as it is clean, unclipped power 100 watts should treat them just fine.

It's mids and tweeters....a bit more forgiving generally for powering them with less than the full RMS rating than would be a high-end subwoofer.

I have M6 components front and back....rated for 100w RMS and I give 'em 75. Still sounds just fine to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

As long as it is clean, unclipped power 100 watts should treat them just fine.
It's mids and tweeters....a bit more forgiving generally for powering them with less than the full RMS rating than would be a high-end subwoofer.

I have M6 components front and back....rated for 100w RMS and I give 'em 75. Still sounds just fine to me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
they really want 150+ though. 300 per side would be awesome.

they really want 150+ though. 300 per side would be awesome.
add 2 more mids and youll get a 2 ohm load and alot more sound,I happen to have a spare pair of mids...for a small fee:D

Or Buy a bigger amp,like a D5600.2 because that 9.2 is too small for HEX's IMO

Excelerater, now you got me thinking about trying to add another set of speakers. I have a set of DLS MS6 speakers in my Nissan Titan. I am running them with a DLS A5 amp. It can do 2 ohms to the comps. Would it work well to add another set of speakers in paralell with the comps? Wouldn't the power just be split between them then and the comps would really have the same amount of power? If I did want to do it, what speaker should I run, a full range coaxial or like a midrange speaker out of a 3-way comp set? DLS makes some really nice mids. I think I could only fit a fairly small speaker and even then I have no idea where I would put it. Maybe move my tweets to the A-pillar and the mid or whatever in the stock dash tweeter location. That might be cool.

Excelerater, now you got me thinking about trying to add another set of speakers. I have a set of DLS MS6 speakers in my Nissan Titan. I am running them with a DLS A5 amp. It can do 2 ohms to the comps. Would it work well to add another set of speakers in paralell with the comps? Wouldn't the power just be split between them then and the comps would really have the same amount of power? If I did want to do it, what speaker should I run, a full range coaxial or like a midrange speaker out of a 3-way comp set? DLS makes some really nice mids. I think I could only fit a fairly small speaker and even then I have no idea where I would put it. Maybe move my tweets to the A-pillar and the mid or whatever in the stock dash tweeter location. That might be cool.
you would have to get experimental

my first guess would not to run anything other than a mid,2 tweets woould be to much for your front stage IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.