Wiring an amp to my mids and highs

CrossfireNut

I was wondering how to wire an amp to mids and highs. I have just recently upgraded my stereo system and now the bass is over powering the treble so i want to install an amp to my mids and highs and I was just wondering how to do that. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It all depends on what head unit you have, and what kind of amp you have. One thing you will need is an amp that has a built in low pass filter/high pass filter or you willl need to get a crossover. If you have a decent head unit with a built in crossover for mids and highs then that will work too. How many mids and highs are you running? Are they stock speakers? These may be dumb questions, but things you will need to think about. Do not run a lot of bass through your mids and highs, or they WILL BLOW and the sound quality will be crap. If you want to go the real cheap (but not reccomended way) you can go to radio shack and buy a few of the bass blocking capacitors and attach one wire comming out of the capasitor to the ouput of your amp, and the other to the positive trerminal on the speaker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.