Wiring Alpine SPT-21GM speakers with an Alpine PDX-F4 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

pvanderlugt

I am replacing the speaker wires to the three pairs of speakers in my truck, while replacing the head unit, amp and speakers. My question is: Where do I wire the tweeters in this outfit? There are only two pairs of outputs from the head unit, which go to the amp, and only two pairs of outputs from the amp. So should I run the tweeters to a pair of these outputs? Front or back?

And if I do, doesn't that drop the ohms to the speakers?

I've asked Alpine themselves, and they were of no help. They just reminded me that there are crossovers to the tweeters, but that doesn't explain where they should be wired in.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Pete

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.