Wiring a RF Power HX2 at 1 OHM?need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ViCk-BuMp
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
this is the only wiring I have and it's only a 4ohm load but I want to have a 1 Ohm load so please help!!! mine are the Dual 2OHM dvc and the wiring I have for the 4 Ohm load is connecting the wire amp+--------------sub+ amp- ---------- sub- and then a wire with + & - =4OHM,

but I want 1ohm, how do i get it?

Wire them in parallel.

Amp + to both coils +

Amp - To both coils -

This will give you a 1 ohm load. I don't recommend this unless your amp is designed to run @ 1-ohm. Most amps are only 4 or 2-ohm stable. So a 1 Ohm load would eventually destroy the amp.

Should be.

What happens with amps that aren't 1-ohm stable is too muh current passes through and burns them out.

A 1-ohm stable amp has the ability handle this current and won't burn out

last tiem i checked, teh bd1000 was NOT 1 ohm stable...

RF doesnt seem to like making amps that like 1 ohm laods....

the JBL will however be stable at teh ohm load, just make sure that it is ventilated enuf as it is known to get warm to the touch under such a load..

also, make sure it is getting enuf current..

4 awg, nuthihng less....

and it will sucka LOT of current so watch out...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.