Wiring 2ch amp to each sub coil

Participant count
  • Participant list

7ender
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have a crappy 4 channel amp I'm thinking about using in a home setup. It's bridgeable to 2 mono channels.

How reliable would it be to take each channel and wire it to each individual coil on a DVC sub? I know the power off each channel has to be near identical for it to work effectively. And yes, I know there are things you're supposed to use to do this, but this is a budget thing i'm just doing for fun.

The amp is some wallyworld vr3 I got for free rated for 400 watts, and the sub will probably be an RE RE. I'm going to set the gains on the amp for 100 watts on each bridged channel (total 200) since I know the vr3 wont' do rated.

What do you guys think?

If I were you I'd bridge the rear channels to it and run some passive comps in little boxes.

compsze3.jpg

By andrewmoore13 at 2008-10-06

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.