Wireless Carplay/VSS/pink wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Van Wolfie

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys
I'm putting a Sony unit with wireless carplay into my hiace camper next week. There's a pink wire comes out of the head unit that needs to be connected to the VSS (aka speed pulse signal wire) for the maps to work properly. Anyone know where I'd find that on a 2009 petrol hiace?

Last edited:
Hi guys
I'm putting a Sony unit with wireless carplay into my hiace camper next week. There's a pink wire comes out of the head unit that needs to be connected to the VSS (aka speed pulse signal wire) for the maps to work properly. Anyone know where I'd find that on a 2009 petrol hiace? View attachment 45358

Being as this is primarily a USA based forum and we don't have that vehicle here I'd suggest trying to find a forum with many more European members. Diymobileaudio has a much more diverse member base

Being as this is primarily a USA based forum and we don't have that vehicle here I'd suggest trying to find a forum with many more European members. Diymobileaudio has a much more diverse member base

Ok. I'm in Australia and a bit surprised you don't have that vehicle there. It's a Toyota van and they're everywhere here. Maybe it goes by a different name there... Thanks anyway.

Ok. I'm in Australia and a bit surprised you don't have that vehicle there. It's a Toyota van and they're everywhere here. Maybe it goes by a different name there... Thanks anyway. View attachment 45362

Nope definitely don't have that here cab over engine pretty much doesn't exist in the USA anymore. And Toyota only make the sienna here in the states as far as vans go. We don't have the Hilux either. And diesel Toyotas don't exist in the states either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...