wireing a cd player

Participant count
  • Participant list

palikt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ar
i got a ????

my car came with a factory amp..i am about to put a new cd player in and a guy at best buy said that i cant because i would have to use this one speacil box that will let me you it....he said with out it would be a fire hazerd...so what do you tyhank

Originally posted by palikt i got a ????

my car came with a factory amp..i am about to put a new cd player in and a guy at best buy said that i cant because i would have to use this one speacil box that will let me you it....he said with out it would be a fire hazerd...so what do you tyhank

if he was talking about a fuse, then yes, without fuses, your car could quite possibly catch fire. But a fuse would already be attached to the amp, else it will already BE a fire hazard.

what kind of CD hanger? Radio tuner add-on CD changer, or one which is comptible with your current deck? If it's a radio-tuner CD changer, I guess it'd need power straight form the batt, so you'll need to lay an inline fuse. If it's not, then the power will come from your hu, and you don't need to believe the salespitch.

no, this is what it is...my car has a amp built in for the front and rear speackers...te guy ssaid that if i were to insatll the new cd player that it would be like sending a amplifed signle to a amplifed signel. and that would make my amp in the car or my hu to go out.. but when i nsatlled this by pass it did nothing. i check and double looked and i did every thing right..ecause i talk to this one car audio shop and he said that i just need the harness for the cd player to the car

Originally posted by palikt no, this is what it is...my car has a amp built in for the front and rear speackers...te guy ssaid that if i were to insatll the new cd player that it would be like sending a amplifed signle to a amplifed signel. and that would make my amp in the car or my hu to go out.. but when i nsatlled this by pass it did nothing. i check and double looked and i did every thing right..ecause i talk to this one car audio shop and he said that i just need the harness for the cd player to the car
I think the oncecaraudioshop guy is correct, cause he tallies with what I said...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.